Amsoil: Valvoline Maxlife is a marketing scheme.

Status
Not open for further replies.
No linking to a non-paying sponsor site.

Can somebody please explain this?

[ September 03, 2006, 05:27 PM: Message edited by: Go_Hogs_Go ]

Don't let Clyde read that, he'll have a heart attack. I mean, I knew from day 1 that MaxLife was pure marketing
nono.gif
nono.gif
nono.gif
but this might help convince others.

[ September 03, 2006, 10:03 PM: Message edited by: joee12 ]

Summary, instead of being reactive with a high mileage oil after 75K miles, choose a superior oil from day one, and not worry about these problems.

I don't use Amsoil, but I like the way they are thinking.

As is often the case, however, the marketing overshadows the performance. Consumers have been inundated with such marketing strategies as the “Protection Beyond 3,000 Miles” advertising campaign and the “Star Molecule” motor oil.

Who makes the “Star Molecule” oil?. PP?

I agree with the sentiment of using good oil from the start so you won't need special oils to fix problems later.

And I don't like Valvoline's advertising... they should explain that Maxlife is useful for leaky or oil-burning engines rather than "use it at this magic odometer reading, no matter what your engine is like".

For all that, though, if your engine DOES have such issues then I'd have no problem recommending Maxlife or another high-mileage oil. That's what it's for, isn't it?
dunno.gif
I'll be trying Castrol HM at my next oil change since my engine burns oil pretty fast. We'll see if it's worth the extra price.

I'm pleased with the recognition Amsoil has given Maxlife. Maxlife keeps my cars running smooth and quiet. Whether that is directly attributed the chemistry of the oil, or being a 10W-40, I'm not exactly sure. One thing I do know for sure: I'm sold!
wink.gif

Amsoil makes an excellent oil, especially for those people who don't like changing oil. Myself, if I go past the 4 month mark, I break out in a cold sweat and get the shakes.

Regardless if Maxlife does what it says or not I think that it must be a very good oil. Look at all the specs it meets. With all those specs, how could that oil not be a very good oil?

Does amsoil only rip on valvoline or do the bash other companies like pennzoil, QS, castrol ect.. for having HM oil?
I personally dont give a rats *** what amsoil says about maxlife. I use maxlife and like it and will continue to use it even tho my engine dosent leak/burn oil.

No Amsoil does not "rip" on Valvoline. Nor do they "bash other companies" for having high mileage oils. The mention of HM oils by Amsoil corporate (not some guy's site) tends to be these oils aren't really necessary in the first place.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back