amsoil torque drive

Status
Not open for further replies.
has anyone used this product in the light duty segement. I was wondering if I could use this my 115k 4t65e that has had mobil1 atf since 30k, just wondering if it would offer any better protection/ longevity to the transmission

The question is if you'd be able to measure a performance difference in a properly maintained transmission when comparing ATD to M1. Probably not. Another coin toss!

I would recommend upgrading the filtration. This is where you will see a difference in longevity. My belief with automatics is have good filtration in place and flush the fluid every 30-50K. M1 is a great ATF as is ATD. I don't think you are going to see a difference in this application between the two fluids as has already been stated.

Pick a fluid and stick with it along with a reasonable OCI. If you want to try a new fluid for [censored] and grins, then I would just get the Amsoil ATF. More than adequate for your projected use.

well, I was just looking for something that would offer a higher level of protection since this trans is over 100k, still shifts perfect and the fluid is still clear after 50k miles of service with the mobil1 atf

Then why change anything? Change the ATF and filter in regular timely intervals and keep driving.

To answer your question, last year I would say yes it will. (Better viscosity retention, better thermal breakdown protection)

This year I say the same thing, but you are now better off using Amsoil ATF (the regular higher vis ATF, not ATL) than ATD.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back