Amsoil- the Good & Bad

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is my opinion on how I think things could be changed for the better. It's just my opinion and I could be completely wrong...and I probably am!
grin.gif
Amsoil is doing very well and I don't think they need to change drastically. I personally know of a few people that get turned off by the Vitamins and some other things they do. I've been to quite a few forums and when Amsoil is mentioned, I'd say 7 out of 10 say good things but 3 are alos comparing them to Amway and bashing their marketing.

It just sour grapes IMO. These people that are always bashing someone or something get their thrills by being negative all the time. They are always right and everyone else is wrong. If they get there way, they will find something else to rag on so its a no-win with those A.H.'s.

I worked for 20 yrs with a guy who if he bought something, it was the best and what you had junk. He used to get on me for using Amsoil as far back as 1979. Price was his major consideration in everything he purchased and he would go to great lengths to find a low price. Everyone was so sick of listening to him complain that we had to throw 2 retirement parties in 1999, one for him and one for us give thanks we were finally rid of the sob.

btw Amway is a very big world wide (80 countries) company (4.5 billion in sales), 3.6 million independent business owners and put ADA Michigan on the map with its 390 acre complex. So a comparison to Amway is a compliment, some people are jealous they don't have the ambition to succeed in any business like that.

I am not involved with Amway nor do I even know anyone who is.

[ June 12, 2004, 05:55 PM: Message edited by: Mike ]

quote:

4. Train the dealers better bc what floats around the web on most Amsoil websites is absolutely absurd sometimes. These are people that no NOTHING about oil many times and really can mislead people. Pablo,Tooslick and msparks are a different breed and are NOTHING like this.

OK and I agree, but answer this: how many BITOG posters have called the MAJOR oil companies and spoken to an "official" company representatives concerning something about their oils, filters, etc., and were given absolutely false and/or misleading information?

How is it the biggest companies on the planet can have designated, paid, spokespersons, who are ignorant of their products, or even flat-out lie to us about their product lines, and little AMSOIL is somehow held by you to a higher standard?

I'm gonna give ya a true "Amsoil Testimonial". I started using Amsoil 100:1 2 cycle oil premix in my lawn & garden equipment about 6 years ago. I bought a new Lawnboy mower 5 years ago and have been using this oil since new (8 ounces per 5 gallons of gas). Last year I took the muffler off the engine and looked through the exhaust port into the cylinder and it looked like new. No scuffing whatsoever. Didn't appear to be any wear. Very little carbon deposits. However, I plan to stock up on the 2 stroke oil and discontinue use of the auto engine oil because of the high cost. From what I can tell from this site if you change your dino frequently and don't live in extreme cold your engine will last just as well. When I run out of the Amsoil 2 stroke oil I'll buy it at the retail price from my dealer instead of being a preferred customer. Amsoil makes very good oil.
cheers.gif

jbas, your absolutely right. I think Amsoil has the best tech. department out there. I have no complaints about that. And you guys are right, there are those who will bash anything simply bc that is the way they are. I have heard my fair share of Amsoil BS from dealers/direct jobber and it's a turn off. However, knowing that they do make excellent oils, I ignore it.
smile.gif

quote:

Originally posted by buster:
This is my opinion on how I think things could be changed for the better. It's just my opinion and I could be completely wrong...and I probably am!
grin.gif
Amsoil is doing very well and I don't think they need to change drastically. I personally know of a few people that get turned off by the Vitamins and some other things they do. I've been to quite a few forums and when Amsoil is mentioned, I'd say 7 out of 10 say good things but 3 are alos comparing them to Amway and bashing their marketing.

So i guess they wouldn't buy a Lamborghini too.
Ferruccio Lamborghini used to make some fine tractors.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back