AMSOIL SSO 5W20 UOA

Status
Not open for further replies.
No warranty was up already. I'm the son of a mechanic and parts for Dodge are cheap so it's all good.

Originally Posted By: xxch4osxx
Been a long time since I seen you post on here Steve!

Just back today! Been 7 years. Happy to be back!
11.gif

Originally Posted By: StevieC
Been a long time since I seen you post on here Steve!

Just back today! Been 7 years. Happy to be back!
11.gif

Wow, that long? Good to see you back! I see you no longer have the Hyundai suv.

Last edited:
The Hyundai made it to 535,000km and through 2 rear-end accidents and finally died consuming no oil and not leaking any oil after a cam shaft snapped due to a casting defect and a few valves slammed into the pistons. Otherwise I would still be driving the thing. Hahahahaah. In all that time all I put in was 3 batteries, 2 Alternators a couple Oxygen sensors and a starter. That's it. Loved that SUV. Even the A/C was still working!

Last edited:
The Hyundai made it to 535,000km and through 2 rear-end accidents and finally died consuming no oil and not leaking any oil after a cam shaft snapped due to a casting defect and a few valves slammed into the pistons. Otherwise I would still be driving the thing. Hahahahaah. In all that time all I put in was 3 batteries, 2 Alternators a couple Oxygen sensors and a starter. That's it. Loved that SUV. Even the A/C was still working!
535,000kms! Wow, can't complain about that! Hopefully you can get that out of your current ride! You still managing at Subway?

Quiznos and no most of them went bankrupt up here and so did 1/2 the ones in the U.S. so we naturally all got let go.
frown.gif
Went on to Ecolab for a bit, then another Chemical company that is big up here, and just recently an employer found me and made me an offer I couldn't refuse so I jumped ship. Super happy here, it's a google type flexible/fun work environment and the company is making a ton of money so times are great for all of us.
thumbsup2.gif

When the Santa Fe died it was on a weekend and I was in a pinch for a vehicle. My dad being a retiree of Chrysler had a discount he could apply to a vehicle I purchased so with the Journey's starting at $20,000 Canadian at that time and his $5,000 discount I couldn't bark at a brand new $15,000 CUV. To be honest it has had 5 recalls already and some little things that broke that were covered by the warranty and now sensors seem to be going like the 0xygen Sensor, Coolant sensor and one of the thermostats (it has 2). So I don't know if it's going to last like the Santa Fe did but for the price I can't complain.

I think I might go back to Hyundai after this. The dealership is walking distance from my new house so service appointments would be convenient.
smile.gif

I bought a brand new Chevy Colorado in 2004 for about $11,000. It wasn't the most dependable vehicle I ever had (although it wasn't that bad), but I always went back to the $11,000 price.

Wow TBN still sky high, good thing you kept the oil in. Nice wear levels too. The SSO seems to be pretty long lasting stuff!

Originally Posted By: KL31
Wow TBN still sky high, good thing you kept the oil in. Nice wear levels too. The SSO seems to be pretty long lasting stuff!

yeah, I wish I didn't have another change's worth of oil! I want to try the 0W20 SS next.

Mr. Cedrone, would you give us the privilege of sharing your filter and additives used if it's not too much to ask? And what brand fuel you use?

I'm using the Amsoil EAK15 filter, for fuel I use whatever is the cheapest I can find because it's the world gas engine and it's designed to run on poor fuel quality which is common in North America versus Europe. No fuel additives other than injector cleaner here/there. None before, during or after this sample because I try not to skew the results.

Quiznos and no most of them went bankrupt up here and so did 1/2 the ones in the U.S. so we naturally all got let go.
frown.gif
Went on to Ecolab for a bit, then another Chemical company that is big up here, and just recently an employer found me and made me an offer I couldn't refuse so I jumped ship. Super happy here, it's a google type flexible/fun work environment and the company is making a ton of money so times are great for all of us.
thumbsup2.gif

Ah thats right, I thought it was Subway lol. I always found Quiznos to be good but way overpriced, no wonder most went bankrupt. It looks like you have kept busy all this time! Can't beat getting a job like that having a fun and flexible work environment!

Originally Posted By: KL31
Just out of curiosity, what is the sump capacity on the engine?

4.5 Quarts (4.25 Liters) with filter as printed in the manual, although I usually have to put 5 Quarts in to be at the top of the "Safe" line on the dipstick.

frown.gif
thumbsup2.gif

Ah thats right, I thought it was Subway lol. I always found Quiznos to be good but way overpriced, no wonder most went bankrupt. It looks like you have kept busy all this time! Can't beat getting a job like that having a fun and flexible work environment!

It was a good job while it lasted. I had a lot of fun doing that and made a lot of friends/connections. A few local BITOG-ers had a meal on me as well.
smile.gif

I really enjoy what I'm doing now though. Sales is definitely what I excel at and I'm at the point now where I'm doing so well employers are finding me and stealing me with better offers. Although where I am now I would be hard pressed to leave because the work culture is so great.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back