Amsoil sso 0-30

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: harry j
I have over 291,000 miles on my Civic using the SS0, no leaks.

Harry are you going to tell the rest of the story?
whistle.gif

That not all of those miles are with SSO. The length of the OCIs?

Bill

Originally Posted By: Bill in Utah

whistle.gif

Bill

Sure Bill, I started using the Amsoil 0W-30 at 118,000 miles. Lately, I am shooting for 4,000 mile changes.
Previous changes were done at less than that, I tried for 3,000 mile intervals but most of the time it
was somewhat less, you have the figures it is not a statistic I keep. All that said, I have over 291,000 miles and have no oil leaks using the Amsoil 0W-30.

Originally Posted By: Bill in Utah

whistle.gif

Bill

Sure Bill, I started using the Amsoil 0W-30 at 118,000 miles. Lately, I am shooting for 4,000 mile changes.
Previous changes were done at less than that, I tried for 3,000 mile intervals but most of the time it
was somewhat less, you have the figures it is not a statistic I keep. All that said, I have over 291,000 miles and have no oil leaks using the Amsoil 0W-30.

33.gif

Um you can go much, much longer on SSO. 35k or one year, which ever comes first. Your car would last just as long running Super Tech with 3-4k OCI's.

I currently have 9 months and 10.5K miles on my change of SSO.

"shooting for 4000"?!?!?!

My manual on my Mazda says on factory oil (blend) to go 5000 or 7500. You are wasting oil and money.

While I would never, ever leave ANY oil in for anywhere near 35,000 miles- I would not dump SSO at anywhere near 4000 miles either.....maybe 10,000 being conservative.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back