Amsoil SS vs Mobil 1 EP

Status
Not open for further replies.
A salesman's job is just that, to sell. I take everything including the words hello and goodbye with a grain of salt if they came out of the mouth of a salesman. Amsoil is a good product, is it the very best in the world? Lots of opinions on that topic, little facts though. Do your own research and decide for yourself, instead of listening to a salesman.

Good product does not need convincing salesman.
You're right.

I guess mobil 1 is right up there with busch beer. j/k

2017_MENCSCharlotte_Pre_740_280_s_c1.jpg

I've used Amsoil in almost every vehicle I've owned/own, zero oil related failures, much the same as with any other oil I reckon.

But a year or two back, I had a specific oil related question, reached out by PM to a couple folks here that are neutral & technical.

Basically, what I was told, was "use any Amsoil product with confidence" & "there is no reason to disbelieve their claims" & "they use the latest and most stable chemistries out there".

The above coming from folks who neither endorse nor sell Amsoil, and at no point in time did they trash any other oil brand.

So my point being - we all buy different brand of vehicles at different price points, but why stoop to slagging the choices people make in buying oil?

There's very few folks on this board anymore that suggest an oil based on it being the most useful in a particular application, these are the folks I pay heed to.

The people I take rather seriously are in no particular order - Molakule, OVERKILL, kschachn, edyvw, ARCOGraphite, ZeeOhSix, Kuato and a couple others that I apologize for omitting.

I've used Amsoil in almost every vehicle I've owned/own, zero oil related failures, much the same as with any other oil I reckon.

But a year or two back, I had a specific oil related question, reached out by PM to a couple folks here that are neutral & technical.

Basically, what I was told, was "use any Amsoil product with confidence" & "there is no reason to disbelieve their claims" & "they use the latest and most stable chemistries out there".

The above coming from folks who neither endorse nor sell Amsoil, and at no point in time did they trash any other oil brand.

So my point being - we all buy different brand of vehicles at different price points, but why stoop to slagging the choices people make in buying oil?

There's very few folks on this board anymore that suggest an oil based on it being the most useful in a particular application, these are the folks I pay heed to.

The people I take rather seriously are in no particular order - Molakule, OVERKILL, kschachn, edyvw, ARCOGraphite, ZeeOhSix, Kuato and a couple others that I apologize for omitting.
This is exactly right. The oil is good, and I don't think anyone doubts that.

I think what gets people so irritable on the subject is their marketing tactics, the PITA it is to get the oil, and the fanboism that comes along with it in any oil related thread. The constant badgering from people who think your engine will die a horrid death if you don't use Amsoil, but probably trade in their vehicle every 3 years anyways, is the most annoying part of the whole thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back