Amsoil SS 5W-30 2007 Quest 8,300 miles

Status
Not open for further replies.
BITOG Gurus:

Here is the UOA for my 2007 Nissan Quest. The vehicle ran for 365 days with Amsoil Signature Series 5W-30 and the Amsoil EA15K filter for the vehicle. The van is my wife's vehicle. She was unemployed for the first 5 months of the year so it didn't get many miles. She got a job in June and commutes 9 miles each way - 18 total daily commuting miles - plus a little bit on the weekends.

The silicon may be due to the K&N air filter. I have a paper unit I will be putting in tonight. What really gets me is the amount of lead. Any insight from you all? How do I correct? Should I be worried? What could happen?

Also, they are suggesting a run of only 6,000 miles to see if there is any improvement with the lead. I put Amsoil SS 5W-30 back in when I changed the oil. The SS seems a little expensive for only 6K. PP might be a better choice?? I ran PP from 2007 to 2013 when I put in the Amsoil SS. I thought the SS would be a better choice for longer drain interval. Can PP go 12 months? With the amount the vehicle is driven daily it will likely be the better part of a year before it gets to 6K for me to change. Even at two oil changes yearly, is PP a better choice then the Amsoil SS?

Shouldn't the TBN be higher then 1.9 after only approximately 8,300 miles? The oil is supposedly good for 25K or 1 year.....I went the 1 year route. Thanks in advance for your input, information and ideas.

edit: The vehicle currently has 60,xxx on it.

BlackstoneLabs004.jpg

Last edited:
I will check for leaks tonight.

I also am running a FilterMag on the oil filter. Not sure if that matters at all but thought I would put it out there.

Originally Posted By: brandini
Change one thing at a time and retest.

You dumped the K&N, retest at the half OCI mark to see how it's trending.

This might seem like a stupid question, but how do I test mid cycle? I do have one of those vacuum pumps I use to take oil out of the smaller engines I have like the mower, but the tube is kind of cruddy.

Just letting you know that I can still read your personal info through the marker. You may want to contact a mod to edit your image for you.

Derek

Originally Posted By: LexAtlanta
Originally Posted By: brandini
Change one thing at a time and retest.

You dumped the K&N, retest at the half OCI mark to see how it's trending.

This might seem like a stupid question, but how do I test mid cycle? I do have one of those vacuum pumps I use to take oil out of the smaller engines I have like the mower, but the tube is kind of cruddy.

You really need a sample pump to pull a sample. Its a vacuum pump where the pump innards never touch the oil and you replace the tubing with each sample. So anything touching the oil is virgin.

A sample pump and filter cutter are required for all BITOG members.

Change the oci to 6 months,Fall and Spring. Run the oil of your choice.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back