Amsoil Severe Gear 75W90

I have used Amsoil Severe Gear (75W-110 and 75W-140) in a number of differentials and the main thing that I have observed is its ability for viscosity retention. So if this is a long OCI fill, then Amsoil would work well, otherwise Castrol, Mobil 1, Valvoline, or most any other synthetic on the market will get the job done.

Sure...in a vacuum running downhill with helium in the tires...
With a pair of rocket boosters behind the vehicle... :ROFLMAO:

It'd be nice if Red Line would actually update their gear oil formulations. They must be one of the last ones who use a Phosphorus based formulation. AMSOIL dropped that like over a decade ago. It smells like mercaptan and it's tacky and thick.

It'd be nice if Red Line would actually update their gear oil formulations. They must be one of the last ones who use a Phosphorus based formulation. AMSOIL dropped that like over a decade ago. It smells like mercaptan and it's tacky and thick.
Yeah, I spilled that all over my garage floor. It smelled for weeks

I’d venture to say being tacky is a desired attribute of gear oil. Just because amsoil changed doesn’t make it a standard.

I’d venture to say being tacky is a desired attribute of gear oil. Just because amsoil changed doesn’t make it a standard.
Tackifiers are ingredients used in gear oils for cars to make the oil stickier. This helps the oil stick to the gears, making sure it can keep everything running smoothly even when the car is going fast or carrying a heavy load. This sticky oil helps keep the gears in good shape, reduces noise, and helps the car run better overall.

But, like adding sugar to your coffee, you can't just dump in a ton of tackifiers. If the oil gets too sticky, it can actually make it harder for the gears to move, like trying to stir peanut butter. This can make the gears run hotter and possibly cause some gunk to build up.

Hower, Red Line doesn't blend any of their lubricants for long drain intervals, so there is that.

Tackifiers are ingredients used in gear oils for cars to make the oil stickier. This helps the oil stick to the gears, making sure it can keep everything running smoothly even when the car is going fast or carrying a heavy load. This sticky oil helps keep the gears in good shape, reduces noise, and helps the car run better overall.

But, like adding sugar to your coffee, you can't just dump in a ton of tackifiers. If the oil gets too sticky, it can actually make it harder for the gears to move, like trying to stir peanut butter. This can make the gears run hotter and possibly cause some gunk to build up.

Hower, Red Line doesn't blend any of their lubricants for long drain intervals, so there is that.
"Tackifiers are copolymers synthesized from specific ratios of ethylene–propylenes. Tackifiers can also be blends of PIB with ethylene–propylene copolymers. Tackifiers are used where you want stickiness or "cling" imparted to a lubricants such as ways oils, bar and chain oils, and in greases. "

"While EP agents would certainly be incorporated into lubricants for these applications, TACKIFIERS are used to keep the lube from slinging-off, dripping excessively, and for keeping the grease sticky enough to adhere to solid surfaces. Gear lubes benefit from this additive by the fact that a tackifier keeps the lube on the gear surfaces and keeps it from slinging off as the gears rotate. One of the most widely used tackifiers is a mixture of ethylene and propylene copolymers. Polyisobutylenes and brightstocks may also be used as tackifiers. From Most effective to lesser effective: 1. ethylene and propylene copolymers. 2. Polyisobutylenes 3. brightstocks. "

Back