Amsoil Series 2000 0w-30

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mainly for the Amsoil guys, can you please explain to me what makes this oil Amsoil's best? Does it use a superior base stock? Also, what type of FM/AW's are used? I ordered some on Fri. and want to use this in all of my cars. My wife has Amsoil 10w-30/5w-30 in her car now. I eventually will switch her over to this. I know results have been mixed, but I think there were other reasons for that (mechanics) etc. I know in my car, it wasn't given a fair shot bc I needed to run Rx before using it. I think this oil is an excellent All year round oil. Plus, Pajon's UOA's are sweet.

[ September 01, 2003, 11:57 AM: Message edited by: buster ]

Well, AMSOIL tends to be a bit tight-lipped about particular formulations. At any rate, the major difference will be in the additive package, including friction modifiers.

If you keep records, let us know. When the Series 2000 0w-30 first came out, my (then) son-in-law found that he gained about 50-60 miles per tankful in his Saab 9000. This was scientifically determined by how many miles were on the trip odometer when the little red light came on telling him to fill the tank.

I would guess that it cost more that is why it is better.
tongue.gif
tongue.gif
tongue.gif
When series 2000 first appeared I was using their other full syn. 10w/30 I was commuting from San Bruno to San Jose" Calif." 84 miles round trip I switched to the series 2000, I did not notice any difference in mileage. The car was a 1988 Toyota Camry

[ September 01, 2003, 03:17 PM: Message edited by: Steve S ]

Fuel efficiency usually goes up with the S2k oil. I think this oil uses a higher base stock and has better AW additives as part of the base oil from what I understand.

My one expereince with it was after three years of the Amsoil 10W30 now on my third year of the 0W. I believe it holds up better in the extended drain scenario, over 10,000 mile club but under that I feel you are wasting your money at $2/quart more. I honestly saw no change in mpg, wear metals etc. In the car I use it in its once a year changes but only 8-11,000 miles a year and the 10W30 did fine at that level as well.

I'd like to try TSO in my Outback more than any other oil right now but cost is horrendous and I'd have to deal with the planets worst Amsoil rep in Adelaide SA some 1,300kms away. Add the freight and just isn't worth it.

Buster;
You are a very hard to understand person. First, you duke it out with people over the capabilities of Mobil 1 and now you come here saying you've been using AMSOIL all along!?!?!?
freak2.gif
dunno.gif

Anyway, I will try AMS one day too, but the 10W-30 though.
Rick

quote:

Buster;
You are a very hard to understand person. First, you duke it out with people over the capabilities of Mobil 1 and now you come here saying you've been using AMSOIL all along!?!?!?

Last Z, I've used both M1 and Amsoil over the last 2yrs. I knocked Amsoil for the 25k mile drains, no other reason. I've also defended M1 saying it has now closed the gap and as good as the regular Amsoil 5w/10w-30 line and possible the S2k. So whats your point? My wife's Ford Focus has run nothing but Amsoil and has 11k miles on it. My car has run Trisynthetic for 80k miles, Amsoil for about 30k (5w/10w-30 and S2K) and all have shown very similar numbers and that they last about 8k miles in my car with a 4qt sump capacity. S2k really didn't have a fair shot bc I ran Auto Rx after using it. So whats not clear?
wink.gif

PS I have changed my stance on S2k. Rather then base the oils abilities to hit the 35k mile mark, I now focus on it's wear performance which hasn't been too bad lately.

[ September 01, 2003, 08:43 PM: Message edited by: buster ]

Take it easy Chief; you gonna bust your "aorta."
grin.gif

I've never seen a post where you mention using Ams.
Rick

quote:

Take it easy Chief; you gonna bust your "aorta."

lol.gif
I've used Ams several times and had great results with it. Check the UOA section.
cheers.gif

I was told that by an Amsoil dealer that it is "suspected" that all of the Series 2000 products are predominantly comprised of Group 5 basestocks. As was previously indicated, Amsoil is quite tight lipped about this type of issue.

Hmmmm. Interesting. Do the new bottles of S2k show the PAO sticker I wonder?

Thanks. I really would like to find out if S2k is all ester based. I doubt it is, but you never know.
dunno.gif

Far as I know, the AMSOIL lubes are primarily PAO based except for the XL-7500 series (and the 2 semi-synthetics, or course).

Have no idea how many or which other base stocks are blended into the formulation. Was told once that the old AvOil was a blend of 6 or more different base stocks..

****, your right. Darren Wallace of Amsoil told me that it's PAO + Grp V esters. Same approach as M1.
cheers.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back