AMSOIL SDF88

Status
Not open for further replies.
What's up with AMSOIL coming back out with the SDF88 in place of the EAO88. Was their problems we did not know about with the EAO88 highly touted filter? Where is the new as promised 88? Is it going to delayed longer and that is the reason for the issue of the SDF?

I was wondering the same thing. On their website, it says that it replaces the Wix and Donaldson offerings for this application. Maybe they still plan to come out with a redesigned EaO88. I'm wondering why it needed a redesign. It seemed to be made well. The one I saw with 25k miles on it was all still in one piece, which says something for the discontinued filter.

I thought it was strange to drag out the old SDF moniker. Wonder who makes it?

Quote:
AMSOIL Now offers AMSOIL SDF88 Filter for Ford 6.0/6.4L Power Stroke Pickups
The AMSOIL SDF88 Oil Filter for Ford 6.0/6.4L Power Stroke Diesel Pickups is now available. The SDF88 oil filter features cellulose media and is designed for OEM-recommended change intervals. It is compatible with the AMSOIL BMK11 and BMK21 By-Pass Systems and replaces Donaldson P550528 and WIX 57312 filters. The Donaldson P550528 and WIX 57312 filters are discontinued.

They call it SDF because it's not a EaO. I'm not sure what the delay is on a Ea088, or if there were problems.

I remember when they intoduced the Eao88 at a dealer meeting. They handed it around the meeting and was so proud of it. Was their serious problems?? All along I was hoping for a drop in filter for the 4 cylinder in my Malibou.

I never heard there were problems. I wonder if there are legal/license issues with drop ins or some discovered tech issues....I just know nothing on this matter.

The “problem” with the EaO88 had to do with the use of the By Pass kit. Go ahead and use your EaO88’s on the engines that do not have the AMSOIL By Pass adaptor installed.

The have not planned on releasing a new EaO88 till the fall due to the long lead times needed for production.

The SDF88 is to compete with the Wix and Donaldson filters they were offering. I don't know why the they were not good enough unless its more profitable to have their own brand SDF.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back