amsoil prices

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: Mike_dup1
Quote:
So, you are basically saying that they know which bottle is old and what is new? Which one will ring up higher/lower than the other at the register, even though the UPC stays the same???

By old stock I mean oil bought at the old prices and that could have been back in Jan 2011, before the prices shot up.

Sure they do, they just have not gotten more oil in at the new price or if the have its not put out yet so the older stuff moves, put it on sale etc. Whats so hard to believe about that. The chain stores buy in huge volumes so its not uncommon for them to have a 6-month supply on hand. The oil you are buying today could have been purchased by them a long time ago, before any of the current price increases.

Or I supposed they could be selling it at loss to be nice guys.

Our wm always runs out of oil, close to a weekly basis... I know it is not "old stock".

Originally Posted By: kemo
Originally Posted By: Mike_dup1
Quote:
So, you are basically saying that they know which bottle is old and what is new? Which one will ring up higher/lower than the other at the register, even though the UPC stays the same???

By old stock I mean oil bought at the old prices and that could have been back in Jan 2011, before the prices shot up.

Sure they do, they just have not gotten more oil in at the new price or if the have its not put out yet so the older stuff moves, put it on sale etc. Whats so hard to believe about that. The chain stores buy in huge volumes so its not uncommon for them to have a 6-month supply on hand. The oil you are buying today could have been purchased by them a long time ago, before any of the current price increases.

Or I supposed they could be selling it at loss to be nice guys.

Our wm always runs out of oil, close to a weekly basis... I know it is not "old stock".

Our Walmart always has fresh stock, oil turns over quickly there.

And how much and how long is the M1/Walmart contract good for? No one posting here knows.

Too say M1 hasn't raised their prices because the price at WM hasn't gone up lately, simply shows an ignorance of retail in USA, not myth busting.

Originally Posted By: Pablo
And how much and how long is the M1/Walmart contract good for? No one posting here knows.

Too say M1 hasn't raised their prices because the price at WM hasn't gone up lately, simply shows an ignorance of retail in USA, not myth busting.

No myth busting, and no ignorance. All I said was my local WM oil stock is always fresh. When WM sees the need to raise prices, they will, just like Amsoil did.

Originally Posted By: demarpaint

No myth busting, and no ignorance. All I said was my local WM oil stock is always fresh. When WM sees the need to raise prices, they will, just like Amsoil did.

Actually my response about "myth busted" was to Kemo. Not doubting the freshness. What we ALL are ignorant on is the volume and length of the PO WM has with XOM. Eventually when the PO contract is complete, the people from the two huge companies will interact.

No problem Pablo. The truth is, like WM or not they didn't become the retail giant they are by being stupid. The same can be said for Amsoil, growing their oil business into what it is today. When either company needs to raise prices they will.

Last edited:

What I'm saying is that Walmart doesn't have "old stock" of oil... breaking his assumption/myth that the ONLY reason the price will increase is when they get the "new stock"... or, as he put it... the oil that they had to pay more for. Simply put... The M1 that I happen to buy (@ Walmart), hasn't had a price increase since at least January.

What I'm NOT saying: XOM hasn't raised their price, because walmart's pricing has stayed the same.

Perhaps it's OCD, but somewhere in my insane questionings I wonder: Do the M1 're-bandaged' bottles with "Wal-Mart" on them, have less of an add-pack?
crazy2.gif

27.gif

check the FAQ section on Mobil's website... NO.

It used to be on there, but it may have changed with the addition of Mobil Super products.

Originally Posted By: ltslimjim
Perhaps it's OCD, but somewhere in my insane questionings I wonder: Do the M1 're-bandaged' bottles with "Wal-Mart" on them, have less of an add-pack?
crazy2.gif

27.gif

Please, no conspiracy theories.

Anyway, I buy the oil specials at AAP if I'm getting M1. They're the same price, too.

I'm just kidding! It's just funny how the 'value' of things 'feel' when you don't overpay for them.
crazy2.gif

I'm just kidding! It's just funny how the 'value' of things 'feel' when you don't overpay for them.
crazy2.gif

Tell me about it... time to buy a few jugs before the price hike! I miss the 21 dollar M1 jugs
smiley-cry.gif

crazy2.gif

27.gif

That myth was put to rest long ago here, its the same product, no alterations.

crazy2.gif

27.gif

It was a joke
wink.gif
I didn't catch it at first either.

crazy2.gif

27.gif

It was a joke
wink.gif
I didn't catch it at first either.

I admit it. Just trying to take that edge off.
grin2.gif
I really like the M1 AFE lineup.

In my declining years I'm working in a "big box" store. There is no such thing as "old" inventory. Unless they are discontinuing the product the "old" inventory's price gets raised with the "new" inventory. The name of the game is to see how high the price can be pushed before consumers balk. A few years ago @ KMart I saw an old bottle of yellow Pennzoil, SG for the same price as the then new SM Pennzoil. Business' are in business to make money. Sometimes they take a loss on clearances & other times they benefit by increasing the price on product they paid less for previously.

Whimsey

Originally Posted By: Whimsey
In my declining years I'm working in a "big box" store. There is no such thing as "old" inventory. Unless they are discontinuing the product the "old" inventory's price gets raised with the "new" inventory. The name of the game is to see how high the price can be pushed before consumers balk.

Whimsey

Thank you Whimsey!

And Jim... I just bought out what was left of the 0W30 at walmart. It has been a good 6 months (at least) at 24.50, had to score it before the prices eventually catch up to where they should be. At 4.90 a quart (in 5 quart jugs at 24.50), you can't pass that up! I don't see parts stores EVER beating that. I picked up enough for a year and a half, if only they had more!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back