Amsoil Price Adjustment

Status
Not open for further replies.
FYI from Corp. Amsoil. This effects everyone.

quote:

Price Adjustment Effective July 1
Short supplies have continued to force raw material prices upward, and it has affected every lubricant company in the industry. Each has been forced to increase lubricant prices to compensate, many more than once. Due to these ever-increasing prices for raw materials, AMSOIL is forced to implement a minimal price adjustment effective July 1. Even with a price adjustment, AMSOIL synthetic lubricants remain the best and most cost-effective choice on the market, saving customers money through extended drain intervals, reduced wear and maintenance and increased fuel efficiency. Look for the full story and an updated price list in the June issue of the Action News.

Now Pablo, don't complain. The major oil companies have had 3 price increases just since January. They had 5 increases last year alone. There will be a lot more before this year is over. At least they are giving you a few months to prepare for it. When the majors go up they give you a 30 day notice.

Smile, be happy.
smile.gif

Sorry everyone....but last Feb 1st we here in Canada had a small price decrease on some items. Small increase on others. We're still about 30% more than in the States. And for some reason when I sell to people in the States it's another 8% less than what I quoted because of the exchange rate .
With the Canadian $ getting stronger we sure hope NOT to have an increase here in Canada....are you listening Dean?

Corporate Honcho's like Al...I mean AJ have the Corporation pay for everything and really don't bring home that much money..........NOT!

Hey 3 bucks an hour x 24 hours X 7 day's=...Spending cash?...wonder why he calls himself Groucho.

getting another increase. Sad part is this is increase #3 within 12 months. They will yet again raise there cost in Nov again.

They keep going up, I will stop using them. Use a cheaper oil and use LC. Performs the same.

I stopped buying about 8 years ago or so when they went to 9 bucks a retail qt for series 3000. Then the new Eao filters got me back into it. I am currently using the straight 30 wt and Eao filters...but I agree...It can be priced out of the comfortable range.

quote:

Originally posted by mburnickas:
getting another increase. Sad part is this is increase #3 within 12 months. They will yet again raise there cost in Nov again.

They keep going up, I will stop using them. Use a cheaper oil and use LC. Performs the same.

Actually in a comparison since 1976, "cheaper oil" has increase over 400%. Since 1976 Amsoil has only increased in price about 50%. So I would say Amsoil is still relatively inexpensive.

quote:

Originally posted by msparks:
They keep going up, I will stop using them. Use a cheaper oil and use LC. Performs the same. [/qb]

Actually in a comparison since 1976, "cheaper oil" has increase over 400%. Since 1976 Amsoil has only increased in price about 50%. So I would say Amsoil is still relatively inexpensive. [/QB][/QUOTE]

but add in the "cost just to buy it"....Then the 25K miles or 1-year as they state is ** in most cars. So it, in my eyes, is in-line with others.

I was pro-amsoil at one time (even a dealer for years), now I am looking toward other oils since Amsoil is not "all that"

Then again if they are 50%. what does that tell you. It was over priced back then...

quote:

Originally posted by msparks:
Actually in a comparison since 1976, "cheaper oil" has increase over 400%. Since 1976 Amsoil has only increased in price about 50%. So I would say Amsoil is still relatively inexpensive.

but add in the "cost just to buy it;aka member"....Then the 25K miles or 1-year as they state is "bull $^$" in most cars. So it, in my eyes, is in-line with others.

I was pro-Amsoil at one time (even a dealer for years), now I am looking toward other oils since it is not "all that".

Then again if they are only 50% since 1976. what does that tell you. It was over priced back then... [/QB][/QUOTE]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back