Amsoil Power Foam

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just getting around to posting this. About a month ago I used some Amsoil Power foam intake and engine cleaner on my 97 F150.

The Power Foam comes in a spray can with one of the red straw tips you can use for directing the spray. After reading about the Sea Foam I wanted to do it through the Vacuum line on the Power brake. I warmed up the engine and unhood the vacuum line then I sprayed the entire can of power foam into the line.

The vacuum line suck the stuff right up. I turned off the engine and let it sit about 30 minutes. Then drove off with a huge cloud of white smoke following me :rocker:

In the last month or so I've noticed less pinging. I was getting a ping under acceleration with regular gas. And with the price of gas going up I'm not about to resign myself to use mid or high test.

I talked to the Guy at the NAPA auto parts and he said I should have done this throught the EGR line becuase it goes in the the intake at the throttle body(so that would get cleaned) the Power Brake line goes in futher down toward the Plenum.

So I bought a couple more cans to give that a try. I had pulled the intake tube off and saw that there was a lot of carbon inside the intake. Especially behind the butterfly valve. Hopefully after doing the EGR line we will see even better perfermance.

Here are some pics of the process:

http://f1.pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/saxnflute/detail?.dir=/Amsoil&.dnm=26d5.jpg

http://f1.pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/saxnflute/detail?.dir=/Amsoil&.dnm=8bf1.jpg

http://f1.pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/saxnflute/detail?.dir=/Amsoil&.dnm=5383.jpg

http://f1.pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/saxnflute/detail?.dir=/Amsoil&.dnm=c44b.jpg
quote:

• Removes gum, varnish and carbon deposits
  • Suppresses engine ping
  • Cuts through rust and grease
  • Improves fuel economy
  • Frees stuck choke mechanisms

Cleans entire combustion intake system for improved engine performance. Removes gum, varnish and carbon deposits for better fuel economy and improved overall engine performance. Cleans intake valves, intake manifolds and throttle plates to keep the combustion intake system running at peak efficiency. Effective in both two-cycle and four-cycle engines.

**safe for catalytic converters and emission control devices

I asked this in another thread, but would this work if I shot it into the intake from the Valve Cover gas venting line? I figure alot of junk from the valve cover goes through it and gets re-burned.

quote:

Originally posted by Durrr:
I asked this in another thread, but would this work if I shot it into the intake from the Valve Cover gas venting line? I figure alot of junk from the valve cover goes through it and gets re-burned.

Actually, yes it should work even better, becuase that line should go straight into the intake. You will clean the entire system. With the power brake line that I used it goes in down farther towards the Plenium.

I've got another can that I plan to use on the valve cover gas vent line. As this is the procedure that Ford specifies to clean the intake. I didn't know that until after I did the power brake line. (I guess you live and learn.
dunno.gif
)

This is on your F150....what line are they talking about regarding the EGR? There is a small line or hose on top of the EGR, is that what they are talking about? One thing about that intake behind the butterflies.....the intake is coated with some sort of teflon like chemical and supposedly adding a solvent, Amsoil or Seafoam, will harm that.
But my question has always been, will this stuff get into the EGR and IAC on F150's? This is where a LOT of problems occur, carbon build up.

[ May 27, 2004, 09:19 AM: Message edited by: Schmoe ]

quote:

Originally posted by Schmoe:
This is on your F150....what line are they talking about regarding the EGR? There is a small line or hose on top of the EGR, is that what they are talking about? One thing about that intake behind the butterflies.....the intake is coated with some sort of teflon like chemical and supposedly adding a solvent, Amsoil or Seafoam, will harm that.
But my question has always been, will this stuff get into the EGR and IAC on F150's? This is where a LOT of problems occur, carbon build up.

I guess it's not the egr, but the line that goes from the valve cover/PCV valve to the intake. It shouldn't harm anything. As this is what Ford specifies in there TSB for pinging and hesitation. (NAPA guy says the Ford Garage buys a lot of SEA Foam and charges big time for the service)

I`ve wanted to do this to my 93 Ford Ranger 4 liter V6, but the vacume lines all go towards the back of the intake. If I use this port, won`t it all go to the back cylinders?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back