Amsoil - Performance Tests

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can't wait for group 7 oil to come out.
Rebuilds the engine while you drive.
The base oil is called "Christine". 👀
wouldnt that be nice..............I think the move has nothing to do with protection, but fuel mileage..........over the "life of the vehicle". I have a 91 yj with close to 300000, that runs good.............you aint going to see no 2020 jeep in 2050 thats for sure.

Impossible for Signature Series or XL for that matter don't use Grp 4 maybe some 5. Look at the pour points. I also believe both have plenty of good Grp 3 or 3+. One will never know. But Amsoil and a few other like Chevron. Mag 1 and Phillip 66 PCMO post the most technical data for sure.
what is impossible?

Well the Amsoil guy says different. I am not an expert, as are not most of the people on this site, mostly
“SubieRubyRoo” said:
This is a board of learning, and when intelligent people have asked you to elucidate your understanding, you’ve stuck your head in the proverbial sands and cried “but the guy who claims to be an Amsoil scientist says so!”. That’s a non-position.

We’ve already covered this ground, bud

Impossible for Signature Series or XL for that matter don't use Grp 4 maybe some 5. Look at the pour points. I also believe both have plenty of good Grp 3 or 3+. One will never know. But Amsoil and a few other like Chevron. Mag 1 and Phillip 66 PCMO post the most technical data for sure.

Regarding Mag 1, I didn’t know Highline Warren put out any specs.

Noack is very low too. On an older MSDS around 2019 or so their MSDS for SS showed some GTL. There was also a breakdown on the Russian site I believe that also showed GTL. Definitely V as well.

Reactions: 4WD
The guy says that they use group 3 in their products, then goes on to say that they "come from the ground" and "we did not define this"..........how is my post wrong?

So many people sell Amsoil as 100% synthetic and explain in their sales pitch how others are not 100% synthetic, and if using base oils that come from the ground, by definition are not 100%.
They do use Group III in their products. The OE and XL lines are totally Group III based and AMSOIL has not been shy about this. The SS lineup on the other hand is mostly PAO-based with some esters (probably POE). They may augment with other bases, where appropriate.

There's no grand conspiracy here; no nefarious agenda. If you understand the components and the fact the company has multiple product lines it's pretty easy to understand.

On the "comes from the ground" bit, PAO (Group IV) is created from ethylene, which, you guessed it, comes from feedstocks that originate in the ground. The difference is that this is the "building block" for constructing the PAO molecules, it's not the result of refining.

Esters (which fall under Group V) are the product of plants, which also, grow in the ground. Of course crude is the result of plants and other organic matter.

wouldnt that be nice..............I think the move has nothing to do with protection, but fuel mileage..........over the "life of the vehicle". I have a 91 yj with close to 300000, that runs good.............you aint going to see no 2020 jeep in 2050 thats for sure.
And what are you basing this on? is the implication that the HEMI and Pentastar, both port injected engines, are incapable of hitting that mileage? Because if so, I've got some news for you...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back