Amsoil or Redline?

DR1

I have a 2008 Nissan Titan with 154k on her. I currently run a 2.94 Dana Rear ring and Pinion Gear straight from the factory. I will be making a change and having installed a Spicer Dana 3.69. I have always used Valvoline 75w140 but I am considering using either Amsoil Severe Gear or Redline.

I never go off road. 99% in town driving and very little interstate driving.

Thoughts, opinions , suggestion ,and on?

I use Red Line 75W-90 in my Durango, @High Performance Lubricants 75W-90 in my wife's Jeep, AMSOIL SVG 75W-90/75W-140 in my dad's RAM 1500. They all work great, they are all of high quality. If you want something blended with the latest tech, go with @High Performance Lubricants. IMHO it's BITOG's dream oil, made to perfection. Not to mention that they're a sponsor here and support this forum that we all enjoy.

DR1

I use Red Line 75W-90 in my Durango, @High Performance Lubricants 75W-90 in my wife's Jeep, AMSOIL SVG 75W-90/75W-140 in my dad's RAM 1500. They all work great, they are all of high quality. If you want something blended with the latest tech, go with @High Performance Lubricants. IMHO it's BITOG's dream oil, made to perfection. Not to mention that they're a sponsor here and support this forum that we all enjoy.
What is so special about HPL compared to Amsoil or Redline?

What is so special about HPL compared to Amsoil or Redline?
The racing teams that HPL sponsors use the same oil. It is a proven product beyond street applications. It's good stuff. And you can ask HPL directly, as they will be far more amenable to discussing their products than AMSOIL and RedLine.

Shel_B

Site Donor 2022
The racing teams that HPL sponsors use the same oil. It is a proven product beyond street applications. It's good stuff. And you can ask HPL directly, as they will be far more amenable to discussing their products than AMSOIL and RedLine.
Just a small point, more a question actually: Does HPL actually sponsor these teams? IOW, is there any financial or product assistance provided to these teams by HPL? I've understood that was not the case.

Just a small point, more a question actually: Does HPL actually sponsor these teams? IOW, is there any financial or product assistance provided to these teams by HPL? I've understood that was not the case.
You're right. I believe Mr. Ward stated that the only assistance the teams get from HPL is the lubricant itself. That fact alone speaks volumes about the quality of their products.

I have a 2008 Nissan Titan with 154k on her. I currently run a 2.94 Dana Rear ring and Pinion Gear straight from the factory. I will be making a change and having installed a Spicer Dana 3.69. I have always used Valvoline 75w140 but I am considering using either Amsoil Severe Gear or Redline.

I never go off road. 99% in town driving and very little interstate driving.

Thoughts, opinions , suggestion ,and on?
Nothing wrong with your current brand. Local stores also have Mobil1 75w140 too, along with the various automaker branded 140's. I'd only recommend a short maybe 5000-10000 mile break-in gear oil change. After that, probably not going to be much difference among any of the synth 140 grade gear oils for your application. Don't overthink it.

If you want bragging rights, or a fancy sticker, then consider Amsoil, RedLine, RoyalPuple, HPL, Torco, Synmax, MPT, or all those fancy euro brands. Might even want to throw in the prison island brands too.

Since you're in Florida, there are synthetic 80w140 and even 85w140 for those of us that believe in viscosity.

So, what limited slip are you also installing?

DR1

Nothing wrong with your current brand. Local stores also have Mobil1 75w140 too, along with the various automaker branded 140's. I'd only recommend a short maybe 5000-10000 mile break-in gear oil change. After that, probably not going to be much difference among any of the synth 140 grade gear oils for your application. Don't overthink it.

If you want bragging rights, or a fancy sticker, then consider Amsoil, RedLine, RoyalPuple, HPL, Torco, Synmax, MPT, or all those fancy euro brands. Might even want to throw in the prison island brands too.

Since you're in Florida, there are synthetic 80w140 and even 85w140 for those of us that believe in viscosity.

So, what limited slip are you also installing?
My truck didnt come with Limited slip.

If redline can handle 10k+ hp nitro top fuel DR, then I'm sure it's good stuff on the street

Either will work fine. So will Valvoline or Mobil or Castrol. Just use synthetic.

If you regularly change diff fluid, then you are way ahead in protecting your differential, from 90% of the cars on the road, and with any of these, your diff will outlast the rest of your car.

But if you must have one of these two, I would go with Red Line. I've used their gear oil, and it's a good product.

Unfortunately, TBN retention (motor oil) is not great with Red Line, as evidenced by the many UOAs published on this forum. Other than that, their motor oil is great, and so is everything else they make.
I still will use their cvt fluid and si-1 fuel system cleaner without a doubt in my mind.