Amsoil now at my local CDN Tire....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just got back from my local CDN tire and they have Amsoil on the shelf......
gr_eek2.gif

I dont know if they are at a good price, but the 5/10W30 sells for $9.10(C) and the 2000 0W30 sells for 12.88(C).
I verified with the parts counter that this oil is now regular stock item and not a one shot deal...
So now they have Amsoil / GC / M1 SS /... giving Wally-world a run for the business....
grin.gif

J

Canadian Tire and their associated PartSource 465+ stores are going to be carrying a limited selection of Amsoil products in every store.

They qualified to be retail accounts....

FWIW, if you talk to one of our Amsoil site sponsors here, they can beat that price. Just order it through them and pick it up at the Amsoil warehouse (to save on shipping) which is near Toronto Airport. (I realize Ottawa is a far drive, but if you were coming down to the Toronto area sometime you could do it then)

[ October 30, 2003, 02:53 PM: Message edited by: Patman ]

quote:

Originally posted by Patman:
FWIW, if you talk to one of our Amsoil site sponsors here, they can beat that price.

Wow I wish that was my account, I wonder if 1 dealer has all of them? I'd say he's pretty set, but it would be a full time job making sure they keep up to snuff on products and such. With my 20 or so accounts that I have I can hardly keep up!!

To be honest, I not that I want to loose business, but I would not be afraid pointing customers to go to Canadian tire, as that is what really ligitimizes Amsoil.

Amsoil dealers in Ontario will be pissed off, because I know they charge about $9-10 per quart for the stuff, so they'll have to lower their prices to compete now. And if CT has special sales on the stuff, forget it, the dealers in Ontario will not have a chance to compete.

But our sponsors on here can sell Amsoil for lower prices than Canadian Amsoil dealers will.

I wonder if this move will be mirrored in the US, and if Amsoil will be sold in a big chain of stores?

[ October 30, 2003, 03:49 PM: Message edited by: Patman ]

Well it's nice to see the stuff in a larger store now. Some Carquest part stores in Canada and the US sell Amsoil on a store to store basis it just depends if a local dealer came in and talked the manager into it. I sell retail on the shelf and most of my Amsoil (AMF,AMV,ASL,ATM) retails for 8.65 CDN with the AME diesel oil at 7.50. Tranny and gear oils are $10-11 and most fuel adds & non stock item lubes etc. are around $2 over cost.

quote:

Originally posted by msparks:

quote:

FWIW, if you talk to one of our Amsoil site sponsors here, they can beat that price.

Wow I wish that was my account, I wonder if 1 dealer has all of them? I'd say he's pretty set, but it would be a full time job making sure they keep up to snuff on products and such. With my 20 or so accounts that I have I can hardly keep up!!

To be honest, I not that I want to loose business, but I would not be afraid pointing customers to go to Canadian tire, as that is what really ligitimizes Amsoil.

Yes, only 1 dealer signed them up.

No, I don't think it will happen in the USA from what I here.

All Canadian dealers should know all about this. Any dealer who has a Canadian dealer in his group would also have the information on this.

[ October 30, 2003, 04:27 PM: Message edited by: Mike ]

I went to one of the Canadian Tires near my house this morning, the one at Brampton Shopper's World, and there on the shelves I saw it, Amsoil! They had 5w30 and 10w30 (ASL and ATM) for $9.10, and the series 2000 0w30 was $12.80. They also had the 0w40 4 stroke oil for $10.18, and the ATF for around the same. No PI though (hopefully they'll carry this too eventually) This CT didn't have any Redline though.

Out of all the different oil bottles he had to choose from, my 2 year old son reached out for the Amsoil 5w30 though! I'm training him right!
grin.gif

quote:

///
Out of all the different oil bottles he had to choose from, my 2 year old son reached out for the Amsoil 5w30 though! I'm training him right!
grin.gif

I hear ya brother..I had my 4 1/2 and 2 1/2 under his John Deer play tractor this summer with a fist full of my tools.. " ...look daddy I'm changing the oil..."

Dat's a my boys...
grin.gif

Jean

I wanted to note that the Amsoil 5w-30/10w-30 and Series 2000 all meet the VW 505.00 and ACEA A3/B4 specifications. Both oils are fine for use in the VW TDI diesel engine, with 16,000 km drain intervals ....

Tooslick
Dixie Synthetics

It'll be very interesting to see how the Canadian oil buyers take to Amsoil. I bet most of the people who buy their oil from Canadian Tire have never even heard of Amsoil, and those same people probably laughed when they saw the $7 price tag for a liter of Mobil 1. So paying $9 for Amsoil, or almost $13 for the 0w30 could be a hard sell to them.

But if it does take off, the salesman that scored this account is going to be able to retire early!

IN washington and Oregon you can buy Amsoil at GI JOES a large sporting goods/ automotive supply store ..most of theses storesd sre about 30000 + sq ft...and pull in hundreds if not thousands of people a day.

quote:

Originally posted by mnztr:
A bit off topic, but since we have a good quorum of Canucks, does anyone know where I can get oil analysis done in the GTA?? (Toronto area for non locals)

Thx
M

I just sent you a private message with some info.

A bit off topic, but since we have a good quorum of Canucks, does anyone know where I can get oil analysis done in the GTA?? (Toronto area for non locals)

Thx
M

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back