Amsoil MVC 20W50 shelf life

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just a quick question

I use the Amsoil MCV 20w50 in my motorbikes Kawasaki VN 2000 and Suzuki VL 800 volusia

I would change the oil pretty regularly but in 2010 I suffered an injury that wont allow me to ride my bikes

My mate rides them occasionally with his wife and they are now due for a change when I did the changes I bought the MCV 20w50 in bulk as it was hard to get here in Queensland Australia at the time
I have 1 unopened Gallon pack of the MCV 20w50 that I have had for 5 years its been in a cool dark place just wondering if its okay to use or should I throw it out and buy some new stuff

Oil spent millions of years underground and its still fine enough to pump up to use.

Shake the containers though, sometimes additives can fall out of suspension and collect on the bottom. Other then that, perfectly fine.

I've used some pretty old stuff in my day. What you'll notice is a black sediment on the bottom of the jug - those are your additives - shake bottle before you use it. I've been told that as long as the jug is sealed, there's no problem.

Shaking a full oil container does some good, but not quite enough agitation to completely dissolve the stuff on the bottom. For better results, shake the sealed full container, then pour about half into the engine, then reseal and shake vigorously upside down until bottom of container is clean again.

Thanks guys
The pack is clear and I cant see any residue on the bottom
I don't think its 60 months old yet its still got the seal on top and been stored in a dark cool garage
oh and moist we have had that much rain this summer the mould is growing everywhere bring on winter so I can clean it all off
yippee I am really looking forward to doing that NOT!

It's fine.
In my experience I've never seen any amsoil product have its additives settle out. I've noticed additive settling in the 10w-40 M1 MC oil I've got in my basement however simply shaking it up will take care of that.
Op. the oil is fine. Use it up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back