AMSOIL INC. Acquires Benz Oil, Expanding AMSOIL Industrial Business Unit

Founded in 1898, Benz – a leading industrial lubricants manufacturer, supplier and metalworking lubricants company – has been a leader in supporting manufacturers by developing industrial fluids and lubrication technology for over 100 years. Through the rapid rate of technological change brought on in the past century, we’ve learned to adapt, and our team of industry experts has formed a deep understanding of how carefully formulated products – along with the right people – can meet the challenges of a global industrial market.

With one of the largest on-site storage facilities for raw materials in the Midwest, an innovative oil analysis laboratory and unmatched technical resources, Benz has the capabilities required to take a product from a customer need, through the R&D process, into production and to the customer – providing unparalleled value. This type of process and commitment to our customers has allowed us to excel as a product developer and manufacturer. We pride ourselves on consistently meeting the evolving needs of manufacturers, and helping our customers move the needle.

Metal working, heat transfer and process fluids. They’re adding them to their portfolio of industrial fluids.

Not having a complete selection of industrial products limited their potential heavily. As marketers like myself, already have a ton of options for industrial synthetics. But adding metal working fluids into their network, allows them to compete with the likes of Citgo, Mobil, Dubois and a ton of others. Benz is a fairly popular choice in the metal working market. I see it time to time and I don’t play heavily on the MWF market on the small scale. (I do large sump metal working fluids, but small machines aren’t my gig.)

It’s a tough market to get into because of how many SKU’s you need to have. For different metals, different machines, finishes, etc.

It’s interesting and re-enforces my personal theory on the lubricants market.

Back