Amsoil HOAT in civic?

Can I drain and fill Honda coolant with Amsoil HOAT HD coolant?
Something wrong with the Honda coolant?

The only time that I switched coolants in an engine was when the stock stuff was scheduled to be changed every 2 years. The coolant that I chose is good for 9 years and I made sure that it was at least “Recommended for” my application.

If the Honda stuff is good for 5+ years, I’d personally just stick with it. You won’t have to worry about seal compatibility or anything else weird.

I mean its $32 for honda coolant at the dealer, and the closest dealer is an hour away. If something can be half price and delivered to my door, I would raather switch to it.

Yea they are asking $32 for one gallon, I couldnt beilive it. I have used Honda Type 2 for decades, but hearing that price I wondered if there were some other options.

I mean its $32 for honda coolant at the dealer, and the closest dealer is an hour away. If something can be half price and delivered to my door, I would raather switch to it.
That's insane. I just bought some Type 2 at my dealer and it was under $18 a gallon.

That's insane. I just bought some Type 2 at my dealer and it was under $18 a gallon.
That's an excellent price. Guaranteed my closest stealer would not sell it for that. Recently called on Honda part, at first quoted the list price, which what many/most do ime. But before I finished saying I'll take it, he interrupted and said, "I made a mistake' and then about doubled the price ($6.50 to $12 and change). True story, told him thanks but no thanks. There's another dealer ~20 miles that generally sells at list, gas cost now a factor in that price.

^^^Certainly one way of looking at it. That said, I don't have to have Type II and pay Honda. Last time with radiator d&f used Zerex Asian Vehicle, same attributes and service interval. Readily available and less expensive.

If your plan is simple radiator d&f, Napa Asian premix will work just fine. An excellent price while on sale at Napa. In all likelihood same as the Peak OET Asian premix. The fact Peak also makes it in the full concentrate Trav posted, is rare ime. Just checked and surprised to see my closest AZ has it 'in stock' for ~$23. When one compares to half water premix, the latter would have to be $11.50-$12 gal. So AZ price for it, respectable. If planning a full system exchange/flush, Peak concentrate the way to go. Plus as opposed topic, with Peak/Napa getting same Phoat type AF as Type II.

If I was doing a radiator d&f any time soon on Honda, Nissan, Subaru I'd grab some Napa Asian blue now. Asian Red for Toyota also on sale same price.

Last edited:
Back