Amsoil Fuel Additives: Gas and Diesel

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone have any experience with these additives?

I have never been one to believe in these snake oils, but I'd like to hear any testimonials since I am an Amsoil dealer now.

Its AMSOIL's job to make products, and mine to sell them. I only want to sell products that have been shown to work and have good reviews.

Last edited:
Their PI fuel system cleaner made a notable difference in the engine after 1/2 a tank of treatment, and I had always used techron before, and when we pulled the injectors at 210k on my d16 they were spotless, the guy who helped me pull the motor swears by my tcw-3 treatment/Amsoil injector cleaner now, when previously he rode me about wasting money and poked fun at my regiment (the injectors on his 15,000 mile b18 motor were yellow and gummy when we checked them the week before) he couldn't believe it when he saw mine.

This thread reminds me that I need a bottle for my new Integra
happy2.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
for the most part Additives should not be considered Necessary. As long as a quality Top Tier Gas is used dirty injectors and valves are not usually a problem. Though, It does not hurt to use additives such as the P.I. Performance Improver every few thousand miles so to compensate for the few times one may fill up with a low quality fuel. AMSOIL provides a lot of information about what each product does.

Last edited:
check out the P.I. brochure G2543 it has a lot of information, data, and photos
regarding the Benefets of using a injector cleaner such as AMSOIL P.I.

No idea if it helps or not but I use Amsoil Diesel treatment(lube/cleaner) in EVERY tank of fuel in my 2000 New Holland 30 horse tractor and my 2003 Dodge with Cummins diesel. EVERY tank and thats been since 2000 on the tractor with a 1000 hours now and since 2003 on the truck with only 47000 miles. 1406 hours. Since the big change in diesel fuel in 2007 I use it for the lubricity also. No proof its done anything or justy a waste of money. But you gotta have faith in somethings and products. Time will tell.

Last edited:
Why not use premium or mid grade gas?

Octane boosters are extremely toxic and corrosive to metals. Hence why the EPA doesn't approve them for road use. Hence why most of them say "for off road use only" kind of a shady way around that.

Octane boosters also corrode spark plugs tips.

Just saying

Originally Posted By: FrankieFX
Why not use premium or mid grade gas?

Octane boosters are extremely toxic and corrosive to metals. Hence why the EPA doesn't approve them for road use. Hence why most of them say "for off road use only" kind of a shady way around that.

Octane boosters also corrode spark plugs tips.

Just saying

Your question may be general or rhetorical, but I own a diesel so we dont have octane options.

I am remarkably surprised how well received this product is. Sounds like it may actually work. These things are kind of hard to prove because of how many factors there are, but it cant hurt right?

I tried it, I found the Red Line product to work better, and the Red Line product also contains a UCL. Opinions vary.

I've ran a quart of the QuickShot through my 82 CB750 over the course of 6 or so fill ups. Seemed like the bike revved a little happier at higher rpms, possibly due to cleaner jets.

Now I just run whatever I choose at the auto parts store. Recently Ive ran Gumout, Stabil Ethanol Treatment and am currently using a dose of B12 Chemtool.

I too am a dealer. I sell at cost...just enough to cover my fees so I get discounts on Amsoil without paying the annual fee.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back