Amsoil European Formula 5w30 Group III or IV PAO?

Hi all, I tred to find this oil’s specs but cannot find in what category this oil is. It s fully synthetic, ok, but this means that it s from the 4th group PAO? It s a blend from group 3 as well? Thank you !

I am sure many from here are using it, so maybe they can relate. Thanks anyway !

Hi all, I tred to find this oil’s specs but cannot find in what category this oil is. It s fully synthetic, ok, but this means that it s from the 4th group PAO? It s a blend from group 3 as well? Thank you !

Base oil composition isn't a "spec" nor is it a category. It also depends on what exact Amsoil product you're talking about, which one are you interested in?

Pablo is a member here and is an Amsoil rep, he can help you with your question. Searching the forum would also help since this is one of the top 25 questions asked here.

Base oil composition isn't a "spec" nor is it a category. It also depends on what exact Amsoil product you're talking about, which one are you interested in?

Pablo is a member here and is an Amsoil rep, he can help you with your question.
Hi, it s specified into the thread title, Amsoil European Formula 5w30. Thanks !

There is always chatter about what base oils are in what oils. AEL 5W-30

Amsoil AEL page

The absolute truth is I don't know EXACTLY. Any more than someone who calls any oil company and gets an answer.

My speculation on THIS oil in particular is based on a couple things, the properties of the finished product and the cost.

The cost is relatively higher than other Amsoil 5W-30's. It has esters. It has PAO. Does it have Group III? Not much if any and I doubt it does looking at the viscometric properties.

As stated, does it matter? No not really. What does your engine need? It could be based on physical requirements, specifications, certifications. If it is based on a listed (spelled out) base oil type - I would be amazed.

Noack: 7.1%
Flash point: 442F
Pour Point: -59.8F 👽

Looks like a very top tier oil.
I would not worry using that oil even if they tell me the base is Olive oil. lol

Edit:
HTHS: 3.6 (y)

Last edited:

If this is the same oil as referenced above, it does have some III in it. It's PAO/III and ester. Looks really good.

For English press 1 ☎ 🇺🇸

Noack is higher (10) and pour point is not as good (-41F) in the video. Maybe the first draft of this oil?

Last edited:
For English press 1 ☎ 🇺🇸

Noack is higher (10) and pour point is not as good (-41F) in the video. Maybe the first draft of this oil?

That appears to be the spec for the 5w40 version

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200722-215656_Xodo Docs.jpg
    Screenshot_20200722-215656_Xodo Docs.jpg
    61.5 KB · Views: 86
Noack: 7.1%
Flash point: 442F
Pour Point: -59.8F 👽

Looks like a very top tier oil.
I would not worry using that oil even if they tell me the base is Olive oil. lol

Edit:
HTHS: 3.6 (y)

Yes, that s right. Checked also. Has close similar ranges with full syntetic oils, like Motul Xcess, Ravenol VMP. Thanks !

Back