Amsoil Euro 5w30 -- 6,167 miles -- 07 Civic Si

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm quite impressed by this run, considering the fact that i'm now running the car harder then ever! (like i stole it) and the increase in oil consumption shows it.
thumbsup2.gif

Amsoil Oil filter was used.
Air filter is unchanged since the last sample, however, i did pull it out to tap out the loose dirt/leafs that were stick in it.

The oil is still in service and i think this will most likely be the last UOA report we'll see from this engine as i've gotten an offer on the car that i can't refuse. The buyer is coming up with the cash so the car will be done in a few weeks. If i manage to squeeze in another 2,000 miles, i'll resample again.

AmsoilEuro6167miles.jpg

^Wow, very impressive. You get very little silicon entry, GREAT insol tracking. Low TAN, good ISO 'code', and very low trending; it seems the lowest this car has seen.

The car is just now broken in, huh?
grin2.gif

Enjoyed following your history on this one, props to you!
thumbsup2.gif

PS: I also noticed during my current oil change with an Amsoil EaO that my insols also trended down, I'm impressed with their filters.

They are indeed awesome filters and this report shows it. (as well as the NAPA GOLD air filter i'm using)
thumbsup2.gif

Originally Posted By: Artem
They are indeed awesome filters and this report shows it. (as well as the NAPA GOLD air filter i'm using)
thumbsup2.gif

That does it. I'm going to go grab a Wix/Napa gold air filter now. Tired of higher than ideal silicon entry.
grin2.gif

Originally Posted By: ltslimjim
thumbsup2.gif

That does it. I'm going to go grab a Wix/Napa gold air filter now. Tired of higher than ideal silicon entry.
grin2.gif

About time! Give it a shot for a few OCIs and see if that does it for ya. If not. Go return it and say it ain't filtering as it should. Haha.

VTEEEEECCCCCCCCC!!!!!

Post up some last vtec-engagement-videos!

It's sad to see the competition die off (Si vs. Spec-V); a driver's race indeed.

Originally Posted By: david_ES2
beautiful uoas. too bad you're selling the car and will never know how long this engine could potentially make it to.

I'm actually EXTREMELY sad to see it go. I was planning on keeping it forever. When the engine would've gotten tired, a rebuilt or engine swap was in the works and keep the wheels turning.

Right now its winning car show awards but later turn it into a bearer and let my kids learn how to drive stick on it 10 years from now. Haha.

My next car, a Honda S2000 will be just that... I hope.

BTW, I'm leaving a few mods on the Si that will make it easy to spot on the road plus the new owner will be on the 8th civic forum so I'll keep tabs on the car and see how long it lasts after all the abuse I've put on it.

Originally Posted By: pcfxer
VTEEEEECCCCCCCCC!!!!!

It's sad to see the competition die off (Si vs. Spec-V); a driver's race indeed.

I would but I've now stripped 70% of my aftermarket performance parts off of it and have returned the ECU back to the stock tune so the car doesn't drive the same, doesn't sound the same and there's not much to show off anymore.

I posted a few dyno videos in a previous thread when the Si was in its full glory.

VTEEEEECCCCCCCCC!!!!!

I would but I've now stripped 70% of my aftermarket performance parts off of it and have returned the ECU back to the stock tune so the car doesn't drive the same, doesn't sound the same and there's not much to show off anymore.

I posted a few dyno videos in a previous thread when the Si was in its full glory.

What's your youtube screen?

VTEEEEECCCCCCCCC!!!!!

What's your youtube screen?

http://www.bobistheoilguy.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=2161177&page=2

There's some videos on page 2 of the thread above. Check em out.

Thanks Chubbs. It WAS. I've basically transferred all the parts to my EX so now it looks awesome. Gonna rack up the miles on it quick.

Originally Posted By: ltslimjim
^Wow, very impressive. You get very little silicon entry, GREAT insol tracking. Low TAN, good ISO 'code', and very low trending; it seems the lowest this car has seen.

The car is just now broken in, huh?
grin2.gif

Enjoyed following your history on this one, props to you!
thumbsup2.gif

I have to say that i'm VERY impressed by the Amsoil Euro Formula blend. Taking into account the extended OCI (compared to the previous 3,000 mile OCIs) plus all the hard driving and abuse for 110,000 miles and the fact that i even used the Civic to tow a friend's Honda Prelude a good 40 miles at highway speeds in 5th gear, spinning the engine @ 5,400rpm for a good 35 mins non stop... this UOA is FANTASTIC considering the driving conditions.

Here's a pic.

IMAG0053-2.jpg

Yea the Si just finished with break-in and is ready for another 100,000 miles with ease. The new owner will love it.

I've showed him the UOA and am including them (the ones that Blackstone sends me by mail) along with the car. He knows its been driven hard but well taken care of.

Sorry to hear you are getting rid of your Si, Artem.

But, I gotta say, I'm looking forward to a UOA on your EX with the new Amsoil XL in it - haven't seen many of those!

Will you just be driving your EX from now on, or will you buy another 'hot rod' Civic to replace your Si?

Yea i'm very sad to see the Si go. Like i said, i wanted to keep it for many years to come but my circumstances have changed in a way that i just have to see it go.

I'd love to ditch the wife's Scion tC in favor of my Si but the tC is a hatchback so a TON more stuff can easily be put in the boot, so in the end, that was the final deciding factor simply because i use her car a lot to haul huge boxes to UPS / USPS.

The EX is currently @ 0% oil life and going into the negatives. -140 miles to be exact. The Amsoil XL 5w20 has about 8,400 miles on it and i plan to sample / get it outta there in favor of some 0w20 in time for winter @ around 9,500 miles. Hoping the results will be good.

Since i don't have any XL in 0w20 grade, i'll put in OE 0w20 and run that down to 5% oil life (around 7,500 miles or so) and then go back to AZO 0w30 in the summer and shoot for 12k+ OCIs with plenty of TBN to spare as i don't want it getting below 2.0.

As far as a replacement for the Si... honestly, nothing could replace it. With the expensive suspension tuning and fat juicy tires, it handled UNBELIEVABLE in the turns. I mean, it felt so stable and in control during any turn @ any speed that i got a little too comfortable with it taking off ramps @ highway speeds.
I kept up with a Corvette at the track once... of course he'd burn me in the straight away but i'd be right on his tail during the twisties. I'm not even going to start about how many expensive cars couldn't keep up with me on the street..

I currently have my eye set on an S2000. Since the wife's tC has the backseats and big trunk, i can finally get back into a small, light weight 2 seater of my choice and i want nothing more then to get back into an S2k. UOAs on that will follow soon. Expect 3k OCIs with the best lube money can buy (since i plan to keep it forever) and more of my Used Oil Experiments
thumbsup2.gif

Originally Posted By: addyguy
Looking forward to your upcoming UOA's for sure!

Ditto. Artem is a good contributor here. Glad to hear of new things to come.
13.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back