Amsoil equivalent to Delvac 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay ..a search had way too many posts with both Amsoil and Delvac 1 in it ...so ....

I've had great results over Mobil 1 with Delvac 1 over a approx the same miles. Delvac reduced wear metals by about 30%. My current fill is with Delvac 1 and the only thing that I changed is that I added the Amsoil Bypass filter (running in parallel to the FF). This increased my capacity from about 9.5 quarts to about 10.5 quarts.

The two UOAs first w/ Mobil 1 - not the most accurate documentation The second with Delvac 1

Somehow Blackstone didn't get the TBN on the second one. I have submitted an identical sample for further evaluation (TBN).

What I'm asking is:
If you were to choose an Amsoil product that would do as well as Delvac 1 under the conditions mentioned in the UOA posts, which would it be?

Now we don't know if the wear numbers would have come down with just a heavier weight oil since we're comparing x-W-30 to a 5W-40.

What I'm really asking is "what would you like to see me try" in an Amsoil (or other for that matter) product given that Delvac has now become my "holy grail"?? Please try and support your choice. Keep in mind that I'm going to keep extending the OCI until I reach any oil's limits.

TIA!

quote:

If you were to choose an Amsoil product that would do as well as Delvac 1 under the conditions mentioned in the UOA posts, which would it be?

Why would you switch? M1 SUV oil is Delvac 1.

To answer your question, Amsoil Series 3000 5w-30 and Amsoil 15w-40 are oils that are Amsoil's equivelant to D1.

Hi,

there is NO Amsoil equivalent to Mobil's Delvac 1 5w-40!

Regards
cheers.gif

So what are you saying is it my best bet to go with the Mobil Truck & Suv 5-40 (Price is Cheaper)over Amsoil S3 5-30. I got a Dodge Cargo van and $ is no issue, change it every 3 months cause got a heavy load. I thought Too Slick once said the S3 5-30 is the best bet for V-8's...

Mamala - if you are only going 3 months in Hawaii, then Series 3K is way overkill. In Hawaii, a heavy loader, maybe a 15W-40 would again be your best bet, but the Mobil Truck & Suv 5-40 should serve you well.

Thanks Pablo...will do...the Amsoil 15-40..that's about 6,000 mile interval, want the engine to last about 300,000...

Hi,
Rick - ME? - neva neva!!!
wink.gif

Really Rick I was just refering to viscosity, price, International Approvals, Certification and WMDs. Truely honestly and.............!

I hope its dry down there - its been raining ALL Easter here

Regards
cheers.gif

quote:

Why would you switch? M1 SUV oil is Delvac 1.

I know M1 SUV is Delvac 1 ...and I may not switch. If Amsoil had a product that one of the reps thinks could provide the same protection ...I'd give it a try for a 15k run. Once I get the TBN back on my last UOA ..I'm going to probably go 15k with this current Delvac 1. I'm ultimately looking for a 1 year OCI (we do about 18k per year +/-). This would simplify my schedule for that vehicle. Get the annual safety and emissions inspection ..and change the oil - simple.
quote:

to viscosity, price, International Approvals, Certification and WMDs. Truely honestly and.............!

Yes, my question was flawed ...there is no equivalent given the above criteria.

Price isn't a criteria ..nor international certs, just a "reasonable facsimile" of providing the same results.

Any Amsoil reps wish to make a "best choice" for "comparable" results ..and a potential 1 year OCI (18k miles) with no adds, filter changes (keep in mind that the BP110 is on there), or top offs????

[ April 11, 2004, 12:06 AM: Message edited by: Gary Allan ]

quote:

Meets or exceeds the following specifications for domestic and foreign gasoline engines:

API SL, CI-4, CF
ACEA A3, B3, B4
BMW LL-01/98
Daimler Chrysler 229.3, 229.5
Opel Long Life Service Fill GM-LL-A-025
Opel Diesel Service ill GM-LL-B-025
Porsche
Volvo
Saab
Volkswagen 502.00, 505.00, 503.01

Please tell me exactly what is weasel worded. Please tell me EXACTLY which of these require "certs", which one is an "approval".

Viscosity - gotcha covered.
Price - NOT that much different.
WMD? - ***?

I have my faults with Amsoil. But they do test their oils. I have seen enough and talked with enough people to know this is true. I guess you can ignore published test results. Amsoil does back their warranty, but frankly it just isn't needed. I'm getting a little fed up with the implication that the use of Amsoil products will cause failures, or that Amsoil is lieing....if some of you think all the claims are bogus, just why don't you start a lawsuit?

This post serves to answer some of the other recent questions in similar threads. I don't know why you continue this harassment. Truth and honesty are there, but overcoming your bias and hatred seem more difficult.

Okay (loud yell)!!!!
grin.gif

Can I get a consensus from our Amsoil reps???
confused.gif

European 5w-40? ..or another weight with enough additive to go the distance? Fuel savings ....shear stability????
confused.gif

1 year 18k miles...

(song from "Cake" (or is it Kake?) playing in the background)

"DaDA-DADA-DADA-DADA-DADADA-He's going the distance. He's going for speed."
cheers.gif

[ April 11, 2004, 12:51 AM: Message edited by: Gary Allan ]

Hi,
Pablo - loosen up! Did somebody touch a sensitive tooth???? Did the Detroit Diesel statement raise an issue?

Get over it - the question was simple and I gave a simple answer as I see it! I do not sell oils -I only use them professionally!!!

Your list of the Amsoil's attributes did NOT include these Manufacturers Approvals for Delvac 1 5w-40;

ACEA E5/E4/E3
Mack EO-M, EO-M Plus, EO-N Premuim Plus
Cummins CES 20072/71
Volvo VDS-3, VDS-2

And;
JASO DH-1
Global DHD-1

There are others which seem insignificant here!

As Delvac 1 5w-40 is a mixed fleet oil it does NOT include the "meets or exceeds" details for European vehicles as you listed for the Amsoil product

What Manufacturer's Approvals does the Amsoil product have?

There is NO Amsoil equivalent to Mobil's Delvac 1 5w-40 - for what it is worth!!!

You should at least answer Garry Allan's question and recommend a product - just please don't refer to it as an "equivalent"!

Regards

Topic: Amsoil equivalent to Delvac 1
The topic asks for the Amsoil equivalent to Delvac1.Pablo offered his opinion.
Doug,Your Amsoil opinion has been offered several times.The WMD comment was out of line.

Mark

quote:

Originally posted by Gary Allan:
Okay (loud yell)!!!!
grin.gif

Fuel savings???
confused.gif

1 year 18k miles...
cheers.gif

What is the vehicle, engine, current mpg? Since fuel savings is a criterior then I would pick the S3000 over the AME 15w40. Probably pick up 1% - 1.5% better mileage.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back