Amsoil Easy Pack

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone else use these yet? Why didn't someone think of this years ago? I got them today at Napa to do the diffs on my truck. They make it so much faster and easier than filling from a bottle.

20180915_222935.jpg

Those are pretty nifty. I would be nice if the packaging were all organic. But, it contains chemicals. I would worry about carrying it in a 4x4 vehicle, for those that play. Is the plastic thick and sturdy? Guess I will have to buy some...

Originally Posted by Onetor
Those are pretty nifty. I would be nice if the packaging were all organic. But, it contains chemicals. I would worry about carrying it in a 4x4 vehicle, for those that play. Is the plastic thick and sturdy? Guess I will have to buy some...

They seem pretty tough. I doubt they would rupture just from bouncing around in a vehicle. However, I'm sure they would probably puncture easier than a plastic bottle.

They did still have the regular plastic bottles on the shelf right next to these. These were slightly (less than $1) cheaper.

Last edited:
I just used them on my Highlander. The Transfer case is a royal PITA to get at the fill port but this with a tube on the top of the cone-cap made it really easy to get fluid up in there. Also worked well for the rear-diff. They are pretty sturdy plastic bags. I squeezed the heck out of it to fill it through a tube and it was fine. I also have a partially open one left that I transported back from my dads place and it was rolling around in the trunk no issues and no leaks.

Last edited:
Originally Posted by FowVay
How much per quart container do they cost?

At my local Napa I paid $16.34 for the 75W-90 and $17.99 for the 75W-140.

Originally Posted by KD0AXS

Keep in mind it's severe gear and it has a much longer service life than traditional gear oil. If you e-mail Amsoil's Technical department they will tell you how long you can run it in your application.

Last edited:
Originally Posted by StevieC
Originally Posted by KD0AXS

Keep in mind it's severe gear and it has a much longer service life than traditional gear oil. If you e-mail Amsoil's Technical department they will tell you how long you can run it in your application.

I'll probably never put enough miles on this truck that I need to change it again. Ford actually says the factory fill in the rear axle is a lifetime fill, but I just bought the truck and I'm going to be towing an 11,000 pound camper so everything is getting changed whether it needs it or not.

If you are going to be towing I would go with Severe Gear then. That's what it does best, extreme pressure and heat. Plus with your expected low mileage it should last until you junk the vehicle. It's cheap insurance of not having to replace the rear end, even at the higher cost for the Amsoil. Not saying that another fluid wouldn't serve you well though. JMO.

Last edited:
Originally Posted by StevieC
If you are going to be towing I would go with Severe Gear then. That's what it does best, extreme pressure and heat. Plus with your expected low mileage it should last until you junk the vehicle. It's cheap insurance of not having to replace the rear end, even at the higher cost for the Amsoil. Not saying that another fluid wouldn't serve you well though. JMO.

Honestly last week I bought 4 of those for my son's Rav4. Spent $57. Thats less than $15 per quart.I went to a local dealer after
seeing the prices for Mobill 1 and Scheaffers online.Plus the squeeze pac made it a no brainer. One more change around 60k
should make it "lifetime "fluid.

Those Easy Pack's make me want to forget about using the
Scheaffers I have sitting on the shelf.
I hope I remember to keep the empties for refill
and reuse.

Last edited:
I saw them for the first time last night looking for lubes for my Colorado.

I love the look of them...but they aren't in Oz ebayers yet.

Originally Posted by Shannow
I saw them for the first time last night looking for lubes for my Colorado.

I love the look of them...but they aren't in Oz ebayers yet.

I can mail you my empties I used for the Highlander.
grin2.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back