Amsoil EaA filter

Status
Not open for further replies.
I had this filter on my 06 ranger for a bout a year now, can't complain.
Recently my daily commute includes some driving on the gravel road (very dusty) and I have to clean the filter every week. The Amsoil website says to use 20-25 psi air pressure to clean it. However, for some reason I do not think it gets all the dirt out of the filter. Was wondering if any of you guys use the same filter and maybe use some kind of other way to clean it.

I have been using the Amsoil Ea air filters for 3 years in 2 cars(4.6L Ford V8). Amsoil user for 20+ years. I don't live in a dusty environment but I suggest you install a vaccum sight gauge in the air cleaner housing (like a diesel) and wait until the gauge shows restriction is building and then clean it. Cleaning the filter every week may damage it. In good condition, even though the filter may have a lot of dirt build up, it will not let dirty air through. Eventually, when air restriction is great enough, you would notice a drop in fuel economy and WOT performance. Also, after cleaning the filter, there will still be visible dirt on the filter. Try gentle vaccum on the dirty side followed by gentle air pressure, as per instructions.

I don't believe in "cleanable" filters. Just use 'em and toss 'em. I use only oem filters.

I'd love to put an EaA filter on my Outback, but there is not one made for it.

STP and WIX until they do.

Cleaning every week is too often. You are over cleaning it. Call Amsoil tech and post what they said for you to do. I would be very shocked if they said to clean it even every 6mths......

I have cleaned a couple and not seen much dirt.
I did my Dads that has 3yrs 35k miles. I saw a fair amount of dirt come out using air pressure.

From Amsoil's website:

"AMSOIL Ea Air Filters are guaranteed for 100,000 miles or four years, whichever comes first. EaA Filters remain effective for 25,000 miles or one year before requiring cleaning."

Originally Posted By: JeePing
I had this filter on my 06 ranger for a bout a year now, can't complain.
Recently my daily commute includes some driving on the gravel road (very dusty) and I have to clean the filter every week. The Amsoil website says to use 20-25 psi air pressure to clean it. However, for some reason I do not think it gets all the dirt out of the filter. Was wondering if any of you guys use the same filter and maybe use some kind of other way to clean it.

Is it a cone one?? if so you can put a pre filter over it I have to stop the larger stuff getting too the filter.

9620cef9.jpg

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: HollowEyes
I'd love to put an EaA filter on my Outback, but there is not one made for it.

STP and WIX until they do.

This one I have on my SX4 07 isn't a straight put on either.
I reworked a SRI and got a exhaust shop to make a 2.5 to 3.0in (Adapter)for me and it did the job and I have a pre filter bag over it also to help keep it cleaner.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back