Amsoil EA air filters

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Amsoil EA air filterscey for me, I don't find the performance of OE filters lacking and I operate my truck on very dusty job sites. [/quote]

They do cost more, but are recommended for 100,000 miles, and can be vacuum cleaned throughout their lifetime. Less expensive than buying several paper filters.

The paper filter in my truck lasts nearly 100k.

If you base your change interval on restriction I don't see how Amsoil can make that claim.

Originally Posted By: hattaresguy
The paper filter in my truck lasts nearly 100k.

If you base your change interval on restriction I don't see how Amsoil can make that claim.

Thanks, I have just been reading about using paper filters for more than 30k and will do so with my current applications. What restriction gauge do you use?

I said 100k as the Amsoil warranty is for that mileage. I am sure it could go longer and would try it out but they are not made for either of our vehicles.

The K&N filter minder is the best one because it is more sensitive and shows 10 inches of h2o while others are 25 inches. It's about the only K&N product I'd buy anymore.

Just a FYI, expect that AMSOIL EA air filters will disappear as they are sold from inventory. If your car takes an available size, stock up.

Slow sales, too many shapes and sizes to be practical.

Originally Posted By: Pablo
Just a FYI, expect that AMSOIL EA air filters will disappear as they are sold from inventory. If your car takes an available size, stock up.

I agree.

Oil filter can be used in many different engines from several manufactures. Air filter is for very specific engine and sometimes only few model years. Example, air filter for 1998-1999 MB E430 is 1" longer than 2000-2003 E430, width and height are identical. Oil filter is the same for all E class from 1997 till 2008, and some C class and ML class.

Dang. So are they going away completely, huh?

Last edited:
Just ordered two for the Expedition. EEEK! That sucks
frown.gif
Looks like the ones for the M5 are already gone.

Wait for the official announcement.

Bummer. Too bad there can't be some sort of common air filter box for most vehicles.

(For the critical people, yes it is is somewhat impractical with so many engine bay designs, but it could be done tohave commonality between many engine compartments - full size pickups are a good example)

There's no chance this will happen with the EaOs, is there?? (HOPE NOT!!)

I am sad, the best filter on the market....gone.

Pablo, any chance they can continue making the filter for the top 5% of vehicles in sales the last 5 years, or something like that?

OKit'sthebeertalking.

I emailed Amsoil a few days ago because I was interested in an EA filter for my Altima and they straight up told me that they had no plans of making an EA for filter for that application.

Last edited:
Wait for the official announcement.
I just got the dealer edition magazine and nothing about ending the EA air filters in it. The new factory direct catalog in the magazine still advertises the EA air filters.

Last edited:

The best air filter on the market IMO. I used one of the air filters,top notch quality.

It's never good news hearing the end of an excellent product.

fyi.............

Quote:
Ea Air Filters Discontinued, Available While Supplies Last

Posted: June 2, 2014 - Announcement

AMSOIL Ea Air Filters (EAA) are discontinued due to declining sales and other influences from the evolving air-filter market. As vehicles have evolved, so have their filtration needs. Past model-years featured many vehicles requiring the same size air filter, allowing filter manufacturers to cover many vehicles with fewer filters. Today’s market, however, features many vehicles with unique filter requirements, necessitating the management of a large and growing number of filters.

The mass shift from do-it-yourself (DIY) to do-it-for-me (DIFM) has also impacted AMSOIL filter sales. AMSOIL Ea Air Filters cannot compete with the low-cost options offered by auto service centers. In addition, it is becoming increasingly more difficult and costly to secure technology that delivers performance advantages. Ea Air Filters are available while supplies last. AMSOIL continues to offer filtration products from WIX, Mann and Donaldson.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back