Amsoil Date Code

I saw a case of Amsoil Signature Series on FB marketplace for $50 this morning. I offered $40 and she said come get it. I never planned to use Amsoil but couldn’t pass up the deal. Anyone know what this production date is? The packaging looked current but can’t decipher this based on what i googled.
C1BF348D-7966-442F-9B9E-64394A38B09E.jpeg

F22FEEE4-526E-4C9B-85F5-372A8027A7CB.jpeg

Current ratings are API SP and ILSAC GF-6A. It has a bit of gray in the beard but it should be fine. I don't know the precise date from the code so maybe an Amsoil expert will show us how to decipher these numbers.

Looks like Dexos 1 was 2010-2015 and SN was 2011-2018. The date on the UPS label was 2014 so I was hoping that was a mistake, but maybe this is 8 year old oil. Guess they don’t update their packaging much.

Pic of the listing for reference
F0F83FD9-64C6-45D6-A614-E19BA3AC75BC.png

I saw a case of Amsoil Signature Series on FB marketplace for $50 this morning. I offered $40 and she said come get it. I never planned to use Amsoil but couldn’t pass up the deal. Anyone know what this production date is? The packaging looked current but can’t decipher this based on what i googled.
View attachment 101022

View attachment 101021
It's old, alright, probably a few years. New AMSOIL quart bottles have the bottling date stamped into the plastic on the front, separate from the batch number.

Good enough for me. Excited to give it a try. I don’t have an issue with the product, just out of my price range.
For $40 you did real good regardless if it's an older formula. Like @Pablo says, shake well and use. Even though you got it for a real good price, I hope you'll use it to it's full potential. Waste not, want not!

3k miles on the 7qts in the sump now without issue. Just have to figure out what to do with the other 5qts since both of my cars take 7. Mix 2 qts of something else in or add amsoil as top off to other 5qt jugs I have?

Use the 5 quarts + 2 quarts of something else in one if your cars, assuming you don’t plan to purchase more Amsoil.

3k miles on the 7qts in the sump now without issue. Just have to figure out what to do with the other 5qts since both of my cars take 7. Mix 2 qts of something else in or add amsoil as top off to other 5qt jugs I have?

Back