amsoil coolant

Status
Not open for further replies.
i couldn't find where to post an antifreeze question, so i figured this would be an ok place.
i am an amsoil dealer and have been reading about thier coolant. it sounds go but with it being a PG coolant i want to make sure it is ok for my wife's 2003 toyota tacoma 2.7L.
looking in the amsoil product application guide it says EG coolant for this truck what gives? i figured that toyota's could use PG coolant.

also i have a 95 ford w/ the powerstroke and i know elc's are a no-no but does amsoil's coolant contain oats? can i use it in my truck w/ rmi-25

thanks

-jason
[moved it here for you jason,mark]

[ December 28, 2003, 05:44 PM: Message edited by: rugerman1 ]

PG coolants are not as effective as EGs. The extended coolants are potentially more trouble than they are worth. Just use a regular coolant and keep it flushed out every two years.

Why don't you call Amsoil tech guys to get their opinion?
I have used Amsoil coolant in my old 83 LTD for a few years and was impressed by how good the system looked when I sold it. PG can't be used in all vehicles.

I have done research and it appears that most of the antifreeze companies make PG antifreeze. I also notice that the big rig diesels in some cases are using it to avoid EPA fines for leaks. They don't get fined for the PG spills. From some of the research I have done online it appears there might be a trend towards it (PG antifreeze) in the heavy duty diesel market.

I myself am using it in several cars including my familis vehicles. I like the fact that if some PG gets in your oil (blown headgasket) it won't fry your engines bearings like EG antifreeze will.

I am 99.9% sure Amsoils does not contain OAT's. I know that Ford has a bulletin that says they don't recommend PG antifreeze because they don't trust the quality of all the different brands out there.
Amsoils is supposed to have a good heavy duty additive package.
I myself don't trust the long life antifreeze because of the problems they are having.

I am going to use PG when I can becuse I feel the things I want it to do work for me. SHOZ comment on being not as effective as EG has some truth to it.
There is a slight difference in freeze and boil over protection between the two. EG has the slight edge.
If toyota specifically says don't use it, you might want to find out why before you switch over.

I tried the Amsoil coolant when it first came out I think in 1994? in my 1988 4 cyl Camry and my 1992 6 cyl T oyota p/u both water pumps leaked within 3 or 4 months of the installation date .I flushed the radiatoe with water then distilled water then distilled water to mix .Good thing it was purple as Toyota covered the water pump under warranty. Was it the Coolant that caused both cars waterpumps to leak or fate?
crushedcar.gif

So using a EG solution flushed every year will protect the metal the same way as a Xtended Life coolant like Shell Rotella??

Becuase i was thinking of switching over since you can go upto 100,000 miles on extended life coolants.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back