Amsoil at Canadian Tire!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, I was walking around my local CT yesterday, and to my surprise, they now carry Amsoil. They had the standard full-synth 5W30 and the Series 2000 0W30 in stock. The standard stuff was $9.20 per quart and the 0W30 $12.00.

quote:

Originally posted by wrangler:
I don't get it. why would anyone pay that much for a quart of oil when they they can go to the Amsoil site and order it for a lot cheaper...

The quoted price is in Canadian $s.

Order straight from Amsoil and pick the products up at the distribution centre. I'm a preferred customer and get great prices. $9.20 for ASL? That is too much. If they get the price down to the $6 to $7 range, then I'll think about driving down to CT.

I haven't noticed if they carry Amsoil products other than oil like PI or cleaners (I doubt they'll ever carry the filters). They could probably special order anything but then why not order it from someone on here?

Greg

I don't get it. why would anyone pay that much for a quart of oil when they they can go to the Amsoil site and order it for a lot cheaper...

As an aside, it was nice to be able to go somewhere and just grab a qt to top up my crankcase. If I get more, I'm going to order it though ($12 is a little rich)

Greg

Does anyone know if you can order other Amsoil products / oil grades from the Canadian Tire order desk or are we stuck with only the three 30 weight grades on that are on the shelf.

quote:

Originally posted by Dr. T:
Does anyone know if you can order other Amsoil products / oil grades from the Canadian Tire order desk or are we stuck with only the three 30 weight grades on that are on the shelf.

That would be a tough one. Stocking high priced low profit oil is a no no for CT. If you want to order a specific grade, you can talk to the parts manager and maybe he can work something out for you. Don't forget that CT stores are not corporate owned. Some owners will stock the whole line of Amsoil which depends if the owner is a car enthusiast or not. Inventory selection depends on the owner.

It's too bad they don't stock the Amsoil PI or at least some of the oil filters (although that would take away sales from their "white wall of doom"-the Motomaster/Fram oil filters)

I thought Amsoil had a policy that stated they would not retail in a chain larger than 12 stores. Are there more than 12 CT stores in Canada?

They do now, CT precipitated that 10 store policy.

-

They also carry the largest selection of Fram oil filters. And, if you don't like the standard orange colour, they also have them in green (labeled Quacker State) and white (labeled Motomaster). For the really pretentious ones, there's a special black version labeled "Formula 1".
grin.gif

Cheers,
canada.gif

Yep, I can just imagine how large his commission check is. Wow!!! Since Cdn. Tire is not even just a little tire shop that the odd person goes to. Think more like Canada's version of Wallyworld.

This company is so big, it even has it's own currency. Ummm Cdn. Tire money.

[ March 21, 2004, 04:39 AM: Message edited by: Vivisector ]

For the local guys....

I also saw Redline this past weekend at the CanTire on Dundas and 403 for the first time. In 5-30 and 10-30 for about $12. Wonder if they can order different redline products as well...hmmm...
cool.gif

quote:

Originally posted by Patman:
It's too bad they don't stock the Amsoil PI or at least some of the oil filters (although that would take away sales from their "white wall of doom"-the Motomaster/Fram oil filters)

Patman, carrying the high-end oil filters and products alike won't hurt CT's own fram filters disguised in white paint. Next time you head into CT, have the parts guy look up how many motomaster filters he sells that fits the GM's compared to the likes of K&N and the X2 filters for GM's. After, you would know the high-end products won't hurt the motomaster oil filter sales.

quote:

For the local guys....

I also saw Redline this past weekend at the CanTire on Dundas and 403 for the first time. In 5-30 and 10-30 for about $12. Wonder if they can order different redline products as well...hmmm...
cool.gif

Are you talking about the CT close to ninth line?

quote:

For the local guys....

cool.gif

That is nice to know, at $12 per quart that isn't as bad as some other places that want $15 to $20!

It just adds another name to my list of oils to try if GC 0w30 disappears on me.
smile.gif
Although Mobil 1 0w40 at just over $7 per liter is definitely a front runner just on price alone.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back