Amsoil ASL in Toyota 1.8L

Status
Not open for further replies.
Buster;
I figured out why you car is using so much oil.
You driving 80 MPH in reverse.
On Dec 9th/02 at 8:11 pm you posted that your car had 100,000 miles on it.
On May 20th 03 at 7:17 pm it had 122,000 miles on it.
Six months ago you posted you had used Amsoil 0W30 since it was new.
And now the car has only 95,000 miles on it.
Simply go to search-corolla member 576 for the other inconsistancies.

[ November 28, 2003, 07:43 PM: Message edited by: userfriendly ]

shocked.gif

quote:

On Dec 9th/02 at 8:11 pm you posted that your car had 100,000 miles on it.
On May 20th 03 at 7:17 pm it had 122,000 miles on it.

I never said the car has 95k miles on it. The above numbers are correct.
smile.gif

Too much DOPE UF.
lol.gif

How can I get mad on an Oil forum?
cheers.gif
The Focus did have Mobil 1 in it for about 3k miles and then Amsoil went in. With all the driving I do, it's hard to keep track, especially when living 250 miles away from the wife.
wink.gif

[ November 28, 2003, 08:01 PM: Message edited by: buster ]

Thanks, I did not want my post taken the wrong way now the 64 thousand dollar question.....drum roll

About how many 5+ dollar a quart oils have you burned in the Toyota, just a guess will do
smile.gif

My 94 corolla user manual specifically states that
engines use more oil during high speed driving; I can't recall exactly how much oil my '94 used b/w
intervals (3-4000 mi.) but I guess it was around
half a quart or so. This seems to hold true for my 02 altima V6 (VQ35); it uses a little oil ie. less than half a quart every 3000 mi. if I drive around 80, where the revs get up over 3000. If I don't do a lot of high speed driving, oil consumption is negligible. If I wasn't seeing any consumption after 5000+ miles I'd be a little concerned about oil contamination, ie fuel dilution.

quote:

About how many 5+ dollar a quart oils have you burned in the Toyota, just a guess will do

Believe it or not, not too many. I drove much slower the first year bc I had too many pts. on my license. I bought a radar detector within the last year and have been averaging 80mph. This is when the oil consumption started to go up.
smile.gif

Now the real question: How much dope does UF smoke before posting on BITOG?
lol.gif

[ November 28, 2003, 10:06 PM: Message edited by: buster ]

quote:

cough,cough, don't cough inha cough, hale.

lol.gif
cheers.gif

quote:

Simply go to search-corolla member 576 for the other inconsistancies

Hey, you try driving 50k miles per year, living 4hrs away from your wife and almost going through a divorce and see how consitant you are.
grin.gif
If I'm inconsistant, point it out, I'll be glad to clarify. But to those who don't do drugs when posting.
wink.gif

[ November 28, 2003, 10:32 PM: Message edited by: buster ]

No, I implied that his musical talent would better be served and appreciated in a federal pen.
Besides Buster, your far too direct with your quips.
The indrect method is more sofisticated.
Take some lessons from Tooslick over in the 75W140 thread.

Your right, that was pretty d@mn good. I laughed my @ss off.
lol.gif

Bill,

You can significantly reduce oil consumption in this engine by running the Amsoil 10w-40. However, you'll give up about 2% in terms of fuel efficiency.

Burning less oil will extend the life of emissions systems components - Ox sensors, Cat Cons, EGR valves, spark plugs. In this case, I'd run the 10w-40 if you intend to keep this vehicle until it turns to rust. That goes for Buster as well ....

TS

Usser friendly if you think his Toyota is funny you should see the look on all the Northstar owners face that have to add 1-2 quarts per 1000 miles! You should really see their face when at 36,000 miles they have oil leaks. Now what is really funy is all the repeated times these same Northstar engine owners have to take their cars in to get the top cylinder cleaned! Here goes a funny one for you how about all of those GM intake manifold failures. I know you probably like all the front axle interloc problems or the tranfer case encoder motor failures. I know how about the average life expectency of a 4L60E in a Silverrado 70,000-80,000 miles. I know I bet you like replaceing rotors and pads 2-3 times dureing the first 36,000 miles on GM cars and trucks!! Ford you say well my mother in law has a Windstar that has 39 pages of TSB's that should have been recalls. Hows about every single module on the vechile going bad shortly out of warnaty. Sure the engine and trans are still fine just make sure you carry plenty of electrical tape to cover all the cluster check lights! Lets not forgett that the Winstars name is such junk that Ford is droping the name and running away from it in favor of something else something like freestar or firestar. It costs alot of money to develop another name you only doe it if the reputation of another product is deemed un-repairable. Ford can not even afford to redesign the old Ranger that sheet metal is so old it might come back into style as a classic. You have the timeing chain issue with the 4.6. You also have all the under powered mustangs that had to be recalled. Lets not forgett about about the Explorer incident.Ford has always had massive electrical issues. THe Tauras still has visable screws hold interior trim inplaces. Oh and the Ford escapes they had some that had the wrong size drums on the rear and they reat drums and tires could fall off! Well lets see Chrylser has had the exact same problems on their small blocks since they brought them out Intake gasket leaks, belly pan gasket leaks, over heating, oil pump and gear drive issues. Then you have all of those trany issues on the minivans and the trucks! Then it was the clock springs on the airbags. Luckily DiamlerChrysler is finaly makeing the engines they should have been makeing 10 years ago namely the 4.7, 3.7, and the 5.7 Hemi!

As a matter of fact Chrysler, GM and Ford have a tradition of building subpar products! Push it out the door and let the Dealer and owner finish production for use! For pete sake the old small blocks were such junk when they first came out that they could not make it past warranty with out drinking oil between 1000-2000 OCI. They had to pour Bon-Ami down the carb! SOmeone would have to be ignorant of the history of the automotive industry to mention GM,Ford or Chrysler in the same breath as Toyota if one haveing a discussion about longterm durability or quality.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back