magnesium 81
phosphorus 675
zinc 843
sus@210 63.5
visc@100 11.2
flash 405
fuel antifreeze .72
TBN 4.4

Blackstone says everything looks good except it has developed the dreaded Vortec intake leak. So off the the shop it goes here in the next few weeks to get fixed. It used about half a gallon of coolant in the past year.

Last edited:
What is the sodium value? Looks like the coolant leak actually thickened the oil some close to a 40w. Definately time to fix the leak.

Antifreeze indeed. After they fix the problem do a short oil change on some conventional oil, then go back to your 5W-30 Amsoil. You want to be sure and get out as much of that antifreeze as you can that has been accumulating inside the engine.

It's my 79 year old Dad's car. After we get it fixed I'll do a couple of 1000 mile oil changes to rinse it out. At the rate he drives it will take a year to get that done.

Why would it take 1000 miles to rinse the engine? I'm no expert on this, but I would think that it wouldn't take that long to get it done.

Still trying to learn...:)

Originally Posted By: hate2work

Why would it take 1000 miles to rinse the engine? I'm no expert on this, but I would think that it wouldn't take that long to get it done.

Still trying to learn...:)

I was just being silly. A good drive in the country to get the motor up to temp for awhile would be enough to rinse it out.

I would go with the 1000 miles. The coolant can sludge up in the engine. Don't know how much you have in there.

Alright we got the intake manifold leak fixed. The UOA paid for it's self by pointing out the leak. The shop that changed the intake gasket did not change the oil since it has a fresh fill of Amsoil in it, so I need to run down and get some oil and a filter for a short OCI.

good to see its fixed. short OCI to get the junk out is a good idea.my 01 4.3 is doing very well since the LIM was done. looking to go 10K on current fill ASL 5/30.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back