AMSOIL ASL 5w-30, 5K 2012 Cruze

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: MCompact
Anyone want to bet that the dealer discounts the UOA completely using a 100% bogus rationale?

They aren't going to use an owners UOA as evidence or documentation of a problem. They'll do their own checking. If the engine is running well and not throwing any codes I have a feeling the OP will be sent home with no resolution, and a B_S story to back it up.

Originally Posted By: deven

It's not that they'll discount the UOA but they need a symptom to diagnose a problem. If the engine runs fine they're not going to just go tear down the block and start looking for a problem. No good mechanic will go in blindly looking for a problem. They'll need to trouble shoot first and find a problem.

If the OP's Chevrolet dealer is anything like my local dealer(that went belly-up in 2009- I shed nary a tear) he could have a rod sticking out of the side of the block and the car would be returned untouched with "Unable to duplicate" written across the service order...

With a serious possible iron issue, why not get another UOA right away, from a different lab, to verify this in case its a lab error?

They shouldn't reject a warranty claim if you use an oil thats not on the dexos1 list, as I think SN/GF-5 is the minimum spec you can use. See if it works that way should they question it.

A second UOA would carry more weight here. Without a noise the car makes or some other performance issue they will probably brush this aside.
21.gif

Originally Posted By: MCompact
Originally Posted By: deven

It's not that they'll discount the UOA but they need a symptom to diagnose a problem. If the engine runs fine they're not going to just go tear down the block and start looking for a problem. No good mechanic will go in blindly looking for a problem. They'll need to trouble shoot first and find a problem.

If the OP's Chevrolet dealer is anything like my local dealer(that went belly-up in 2009- I shed nary a tear) he could have a rod sticking out of the side of the block and the car would be returned untouched with "Unable to duplicate" written across the service order...

LOL..to clarify that'd be most any dealer not just Chevrolet. I've had my "unable to duplicate" situation many times and I've never owned a Chevy product and never will.

I have two great dealers for my two favorite brands- which makes me very reluctant to look elsewhere.

Originally Posted By: 99Saturn
^It's a cartridge filter so (assuming the OP did it himself, which it sounds like the case) he would see any damage to the filter right away.

Ahhhhh... yes.
You are correct!

I'd be getting my oil changes done at the dealer for a while. That's the cheapest insurance you can get. If they service it and it breaks, they'll fix it under warranty without question.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back