Amsoil and Royal Purple at Murrays!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe this is old news.

Had 5W 30 and 10W 30 of both brands along with each ones tranny fluid. Had Water Weter as well.

What do the Amsoil "dealers" think of this? So much for their "direct MLM" crap...

Not sure why you have to be so insulting. I'm sure the dealer that has the account is doing pretty good.

What were the prices? Usually it's not the freshest of products.

Amsoil products are sold in retail stores...

Within 25 miles of my home, I can find Amsoil on the shelf at Ace Hardware, Fleet Farm and a Shell Station 4 blocks away.

I really don't care how Amsoil is sold/distributed, it's still a good product.

Hoprefully, I plan on visiting the Superior, WI facility while on vacation this next summer!
smile.gif

Even though they are sold in a retail store the oil can still be MLM, or, am I wrong. I don't care either way. I just thought stores that sold Amsoil were Amsoil dealers just like everyone else.

Basically because I don't believe at all in MLMs.

I'd bet the farm Murrays buys it direct from Amsoil and not a dealer at a price lower than it sells to any of its dealers. So what do its dealers in the Murray markets think?

Price was $6.99 per quart for the oil and $6.49 (I think) for the tranny fluid quart.
Even had a featured ad in the weekly flyer!!

yeah, also when you buy from someone on the site as well, you get a good price plus someone like pablo can answer any specific questions or concerns about the product. applications, filters, plus the whole gamut of products that the odd store doesn't carry. try asking the murry's stock boy a question about the drain intervals, etc, etc,. everyone likes a great deal, but sometimes less is well...less.
wink.gif

Every Retail storte HAS to be signed up by an AMSOIL dealer. The store does purchase products from AMSOIL directly or the servicing dealer can deliver to them, much the way I do.
I service all my local retail stores.
The ones that are 100's of miles away have the AMSOIL products shipped to them direct from the AMSOILwarehouse.
The AMSOIL MLM is no different than how other companies do business.
I go around and sign up retails for them to purchase AMSOIL to resell and I get a commission.
Ford, GMC dealers kinda do the same.
Same goes for alot of other businesses.
The problem is that some AMSOIL dealers are VERY agressive and pi$$ people off. Too bad because we have a VERY good product and help out our customers when and where ever we can.
I for one have a very loyal retail group of customers.

One other thing I should add is that here in Canada the cost of AMSOIL had come down first of Feb.
Pretty good of them I would say. They didn't have to because ALL the other makes of oil had be going up.
Right now I sell a barrel of AME55 for less than what a Petro-Can dealer sells their 5W40 group 3 synthetic.Also our XL line is a VERY good buy.
A lot of the Quick Lubes love this oil.
It's too bad there are some that would rather help out the BIG gready conglomerites instead of the little guy who pays his taxes just like the rest of you.

quote:

Basically because I don't believe at all in MLMs.

What is there to not believe? They exist, they are legal and they offer the beleaguered consumer an alternative. They are less abused than standard gas station price gouging, yet seem to get some people all riled up. Like anything there are great examples (Amsoil) and there are terrible examples (Amway). Amsoil has no minimum buys, no return fees, no forced meetings, no forced recruiting and simply is no pressure. I agree with Don, there are a-hole dealers and the internet hasn't helped the image. However Amsoil has some great rules we must follow (like any type of marketing/sales). Here's a good one: Amsoil SPAM is absolutely forbidden. Boy, "traditional" sales should use that rule!

Penzdude makes a good point. I actually end up helping more people that actually don't buy from me. I don't really care, because I like oils and lubes.

quote:

I'd bet the farm Murrays buys it direct from Amsoil and not a dealer at a price lower than it sells to any of its dealers. So what do its dealers in the Murray markets think?

Of course they don't get the product delivered from a dealer, it is direct from the closest of 12 warehouses around the country. But it's the same price and the dealer gets a small commission. I'm sure as a store they can stock a bit more than most dealers (except Don
smile.gif
) and get some lower prices on volume containers.

quote:

Price was $6.99 per quart for the oil and $6.49 (I think) for the tranny fluid quart.
Even had a featured ad in the weekly flyer!!

Well the $6.99 is higher than MSRP for the ASL/ATM line ($6.75), so no deal there. If the ATF is $6.49, that is a good deal. $6.49 is lower than Murrays would pay today! MSRP is now $8.65. My bet it's old stock. They probably bought many pallets of cases 2-3 years back. Great that they have a flyer - get the word out!

I almost forgot. GI Joes sells Amsoil here and runs ads in the Sunday flyer.

I help those folks, too.

Doesn't bug me too much, and yes occasionally some local guy tries to rub my face in it. Why people get their jollies this way shows some underlying issues.....with such folks.

quote:

Originally posted by Pablo:
Not sure why you have to be so insulting. I'm sure the dealer that has the account is doing pretty good.

What were the prices? Usually it's not the freshest of products.

My point being that IT DOES NOT go thru a dealer but thru Amsoil directly. An acct. the size of Murrays is not going to use a so called "dealer". They will only deal directly with the manufacture. If for some bizzare reason they didn't buy directly they would set themselves up as a dealer and are buying the product for less than any other dealer in the country.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back