amsoil after 2k miles

SI-1. Ess Eye

I don’t doubt your account; however, sounds also change due to temperature. In the cabin, road, engine, etc noises all change as the ambient temp rises and lowers.

Without a way to tell either way, I’d say something was not right and the oil or Si-1 cleared it up. That’s not too far-fetched.

thought about it but its one weeks different its the same weather same mileage as before.

Something to consider on these SkyActiv motors;

They will sound loud when cold. It’s not the engine itself but the tuned headers. As the engine warms up the headers will change over to the scavenging mode that they are designed for. At that point forward the exhaust sounds like a cat purring. The colder the weather the louder this sounds. It’s normal

Here is a video that explains it better than I can. Fast forward to 2:55

Tough crowd.
as a drummer i played in a deep purple tribute band in England we used to play to biker gangs among others in deserted buildings and the scariest pubs u can imagine,now that a tough crowd.
brawls during the show was a regular thing.

as a drummer i played in a deep purple tribute band in England we used to play to biker gangs among others in deserted buildings and the scariest pubs u can imagine,now that a tough crowd.
brawls during the show was a regular thing.
One of my fondest moments was in London in late Fall 2019, on a brief stopover back from MENA, wandered into one of my old haunts in Whitechapel that is owned by a geezer prior comrade in arms, I avoided the main floor screaming disco, headed up to the upstairs bar & sat down with a great pint of non retail backroom best bitter.

Imagine my surprise when a couple older gents in khakis & short haircuts got on the guest stage & started belting out a few Deep Purple numbers.

Turned out they were two of the old Deep Purple (perhaps the crossovers into Rainbow/Whitesnake?) band members. I bought all the shots & beers that night, and they paid for the Indian food delivered to us upstairs.

As far as I recall, none of us cared whether our oil was Amsoil or SuperTech.

As far as tough crowd...just think '90s Brit soccer fans. LOL.

Last edited:
I think the noted difference is due to the gas treatment. I tend to believe that certain oil " muffle" noise.
Especially when going from say a w20 to a w30.

Are you going to try to go back to another oil and see if it gets noisy again ? Or stick with the amsoil ? It’s a good oil for sure
i bought the amsoil because i needed an oil that will hold one year of very short trips and possibly a lot of fuel dilution not because i tought it will be quiet and it wasnt until a week ago honestly.
a lot of members wrote me that that's exactly what they experienced as well,after couple thousands of miles there car became silent.

Back