Amsoil Action News Letter

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just received the lates Amsoil magazine. Group III and IV synthetic sales are up. It isn't out of reason to think that group III could make a come back. I bet if M1 wasn't a group III, the market might have gone and stayed in that direction.

I noticed the latest charts now have Mobil 1 SS at 2.06 for the four ball wear and Amsoil a .44. How on earth does this apply to a real engine? It's never been really explained how or what the four ball wear test means? Both Redline and Mobil disclaim it and say it has zero to do with real world operation. Based on used oil analysis, I believe it. I know it's a test for grease but why is Amsoil using it like it really applies to how well an oil will protect? Their marketing frustrates me, unfortunately.
rolleyes.gif

The people who make Tufoil use the four ball test also. If the four ball test is any indication of quality, we would all be using Tufoil. Most oils and oil supplements burn up in minutes in the four ball test, but according to the people who make Tufoil, Tufoil has run for several days in the four ball test.

I bet Tufoil claims a lower wear rate then Amsoil in the four ball test.

Tufoil?
dunno.gif

[ October 16, 2003, 08:16 PM: Message edited by: buster ]

It is a PTFE oil supplement. I think the only real tests of any motor oil is in engine sequence tests and in fleets of vehicles. That is one reason why this web site is so valuable-people publish actual results of UOAs and we can see how well the motor oil did or did not do.

I get extremely tired of Falex tests and four ball tests. I hardly even pay attention anymore when I hear somebody talk about how some motor oil, oil supplement or engine treatment did in a Falex test or four ball test. I wish Amsoil would stop using the four ball test and use some actual UOA results. From the UOAs that have been published here, they have nothing to use and everything to gain, because Amsoil has looked good in UOAs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back