Amsoil 5w20...where to buy?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was just visiting the Amsoil website and it looks like their 5w20 XL7500 is just the ticket for my 2002 Ranger this winter. The cold crank stats are great as well as the other numbers in the data sheet AND it meets API and Ford WSSM2C153H specs. One problem-I'm not going to pay $7 shipping costs for 5 quarts of motor oil. Is there any other way to buy this stuff?

quote:

Originally posted by mikemc:
I was just visiting the Amsoil website and it looks like their 5w20 XL7500 is just the ticket for my 2002 Ranger this winter. The cold crank stats are great as well as the other numbers in the data sheet AND it meets API and Ford WSSM2C153H specs. One problem-I'm not going to pay $7 shipping costs for 5 quarts of motor oil. Is there any other way to buy this stuff?

You could buy a case, which is 25lbs and brings your shipping cost to $.33/lb. So you would pay $8.25 which I don't think is bad at all. I usually don't recommend buying less than that becuase of the shipping.

Also note that cases are less per quart than buying individual quarts so you would even save more.

Also if you buy from a local dealer you will more than likely pay shipping as well, since all dealers pay shipping. The only other option would be to drive to a wherehouse and pick it up yourself. Closest to you would be Philedelphia.

Hope this helps.

[ June 18, 2003, 06:26 AM: Message edited by: msparks ]

That's the thing with Amsoil products, you find so much variation on price, depending on who/where you buy it from. You may even find it at a local retailer. I know I've seen the 5W-20 XL7500 on the shelf of a local Fleet Farm for $4.99 a quart, where M1 is usually $4.49 a quart.

I've also seen Amsoil products at an auto parts store, and everything was priced $9.95 per quart, whether it was gear lube or ASL 5W-30 oil. Good luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back