Amsoil 5w-30~~~'06 Grand Prix, LS4~~~15,541miles

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: blakeinspace
Originally Posted By: wapacz
How far did you run over the olm?

about 4000 miles.

wow I figured at 15 it would have been much more. You have to be doing a lot of highway or something.

Originally Posted By: wapacz

wow I figured at 15 it would have been much more. You have to be doing a lot of highway or something.

When I did the 10,000 UOA on the 0w-30... I wanna say the OLM still had about 7% left. There are a lot of highway miles on the car, My commute to work is 54 miles one way (I was soooo smart buying a v8!)... so yeah... 108 miles a day, and a fill up every 3 days... but if one spends that much time in a car, I think one should enjoy the car they drive.

There's several stop & go spots on the freeway on that commute, so even if I'm on the freeway, there's not a whole lot 'free' about it.

Originally Posted By: dnewton3
Heck - I'm impressed that someone actaully ran a premium oil past 5k miles before OCI!!!

Most Bitoger's just can't resist a good oil change "fix". You know, got to get that "old" oil out, in favor of some other flavor!
10.gif

Originally Posted By: blakeinspace
for some reason I can't edit my own post??
54.gif

made a mistake on the cSt Viscosity. The 10.90 is the measured value of the 5w-30, the 10.41 was the value of the 0w-30 last time.

Also, my SI-licone values may not be good reflection of what they should be. Last time I checked the air filter, I accidentally pinched one corner of it, and for that whole 15k run... well, there was about a 2" long seam about as thick as lifesaver that was letting unfiltered air into the intake.
spankme2.gif

The uoa may have been a great one if there wasnt an air leak.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back