Amsoil 20W50 5,663 miles in BMW Motorcycle R1100S

This is my first posting and my first oil analysis. Oil is Amsoil 20W50 tested at 5,663 miles. Vehicle was a BMW motorcycle, 2004, R1100S air/oil cooled. I did not know what to expect and was very pleased with the results. If anyone see anything that I should be concerned about then please let me know.

Last edited by a moderator:
Welcome to the forum! I was an R1100S owner just a couple of years ago. Track down the Laser exhaust for that bike if you can. It sounds oh so sweet. Your UOA looks good, and very similar to the one I ran.

I like the joke in the comments. Response would be that what you sent actually <span style="text-decoration: underline"><span style="font-weight: bold">is</span></span> a coolant sample. (I have an R1150RT).

Last edited:
If the oil is still in the the bike I would keep going. When I rode, the Amsoil was the best oil as my bike shared the sump and it improved shifting. How long has the oil been in the pan?

SouthernYankee

Oil was changed when sample was taken, 5,683 miles. I plan to change oil at 6,000 miles. I know it would go further but I'd rather change oil when it's still holding viscosity and the additives are not depleted. The analysis also confirms that if away on a trip that I would not have to change oil at 6K but could wait until I returned home. If that happens then I'd take a sample with the extended mileage to compare with the 6K sample.