Amsoil 10W-30/SAE 30(ACD)???

Status
Not open for further replies.
found some post on the topic but still undecided.

i have a LT2000 craftsman rider('05) with the 18.5hp
single cyl. full pressurized lube(with filter)

is this a good oil to use or not??

i like the 12tbn for hot running air cooled engines
plus i want a good true Synthetic that's rated
for strait 30w.

will it hurt anything running this oil,in this engine
will it protect good(wear)??

i like amsoil but can't decide from this or maybe
something else, running stock briggs oil now..
crushedcar.gif

thanks guy's

acd_gallon_350px.jpg

Last edited:
I would run that in a second in mine, It's a very good oil. I may run that in my next fill.

That's a nice oil. Running it in a 18hp Kohler Magnum (cub cadet snowblower); starts real nice in the winter now. Planning to switch to in ATV's Kohler Command 25hp at next change. I think it has no friction modifiers but i'm not sure.

Quote:

Amsoil ACD will work great in your mower. If by FM's you mean gas engine oil types, no it doesn't, as most HDEO's don't, but this is not a problem for yard equipment.

welcome.gif

K thanks Pablo, just wanted to make shure being it's
a diesl oil.

So no problems running it??

looks like i'll be putting around 50-60 hr's a season
on her...

thanks for the welcome too
cheers.gif

ACD was the first synthetic diesel oil available in the US when it was introduced back in 1975.

A very well proven product, although their Series 2000, 0w-30 would be better for the snowblower in extremely cold weather.

Thanks,yea that would be great see.

you would think it would hold up good with the
robus add pack it has.

and i'd be only putting around 60hrs a year on
the oil.

I have been using the ACD since the early 80's. Used it in my Cummings, Detroit, International Harvester, and Volkswagon diesel engines.

I started to experiment with my riding lawn mowers and snowplow...1980 cubcadet with the Onan engine. The riding lawn mower, cabcadet, and push lawn mower are still used everyday in there Season. That's 20+ years and have not rebuild them.........really!

I am now running 10K OCI's on my 318 Dodge, 3.8 Liter Chrysler, and 1.6 Liter Suzuki. I really like this oil, but am keeping a close eye on the new diesel oil standards. I might just go with the Amsoil 0-40 or 10-30 if the ACD formulation changes for the worst. TooSlick ran the 0-40 ATV/4 Stroke oil in one of his cars for 10K "I believe" and the UOA was steller.

I have used it many of my lawn equipment. It is a good proven fleet oil. Cant go wrong with a tbn of 12. I love the fact that it is a 10W-30/30 wt. I am using it in a customers 06 D-MAX right now. I am gonna let it run til the dic olm says it is toast and will maybe do a sample and leave it in til it comes back and dump it if see is loaded or leave it if it comes back showing more service is in the oil.

JR

Quote:

I have been using the ACD since the early 80's. Used it in my Cummings, Detroit, International Harvester, and Volkswagon diesel engines.

I started to experiment with my riding lawn mowers and snowplow...1980 cubcadet with the Onan engine. The riding lawn mower, cabcadet, and push lawn mower are still used everyday in there Season. That's 20+ years and have not rebuild them.........really!

I am now running 10K OCI's on my 318 Dodge, 3.8 Liter Chrysler, and 1.6 Liter Suzuki. I really like this oil, but am keeping a close eye on the new diesel oil standards. I might just go with the Amsoil 0-40 or 10-30 if the ACD formulation changes for the worst. TooSlick ran the 0-40 ATV/4 Stroke oil in one of his cars for 10K "I believe" and the UOA was steller.

Great,,thanks for the story.
cheers.gif

I use it, I like it... I used havoline high moly oil for breakin though...

I use it in:
-1700W Robin Subaru inverter generator
-Honda/CAT (pump) power washer
-3.5hp flathead B&S mower
-Small Robin Subaru water pump

All work great, use no oil, and Im confident of the oil being up to task for the whole year, without issue for operating temperatures, etc.

JMH

P.S. LargeCarManx2 - why do you think ACD might take a change for the worst? From what Ive heard, that one should stay relatively consistent, due to its applicability to the uses it is designed for... their new HDD product would be the one that 'takes the turn', in meeting the new specs...

JMH

I Guess I am just leary where the (Powers that Be) are going to bring Diesel engines and oil specs for them to.

Hopefully, the ACD will remain the same as well as the others, and the new formulations will be for specific year diesel engines.

I have an older diesel engine, and when I go to fill up the tank with diesel fuel....there is a sticker on the pump that say's "This fuel might not be compatable with older pre-90's engines" or something to that effect. Time will tell about the oil also.

Quote:

found some post on the topic but still undecided.

i have a LT2000 craftsman rider('05) with the 18.5hp
single cyl. full pressurized lube(with filter)

is this a good oil to use or not??

i like the 12tbn for hot running air cooled engines
plus i want a good true Synthetic that's rated
for strait 30w.

will it hurt anything running this oil,in this engine
will it protect good(wear)??

i like amsoil but can't decide from this or maybe
something else, running stock briggs oil now..
crushedcar.gif

thanks guy's

acd_gallon_350px.jpg

Are you sure this is a full pressure lube engine? I have an '03 LT2000 and it's not full pressure lube although it does have a filter. Mine is a Briggs Intek 18HP.

Yes i'm pretty shure,this is my motor;

18.5 Intek with AVS (Anti-Vibration System )

Intek_LV_M21_185px.jpg

Pressure Lubrication with Spin-on Oil Filter
(Clean oil is delivered to critical engine components for maximum lubrication and longer engine life).

displayFile.jpg

Wouldn't it be better to run AMSOIL's ASE. Since they specifically formulated it for the small engine commercial industry that would be the better choice wouldn't it?
ASE

Quote:

Wouldn't it be better to run AMSOIL's ASE. Since they specifically formulated it for the small engine commercial industry that would be the better choice wouldn't it?
ASE

I'm not shure,
laugh.gif
thats why i starded this thread i'm
so undecided the ACD is some good stuff i hear,robus
with a TBN of 12,the ASE looks good too, i got till
spring to figure it out.
laugh.gif

I've used the Amsoil 4-Stroke 0w-40 with no problems at all.

I had one lawnmower that was neglected, and I admit to that. I once ran it dry of oil, it of course stalled and wouldn't crank back up. So I let it sit for a couple of days and filled it full of Mystik SAE 30 and sure enough it fired back up (I got lucky!). A few months later I put in the XL 5w-30, engine was consuming some oil though.

A few months later I put the 0w-40 in there and it quit using oil and somehow or another used less fuel. Started on the first try every time. Though I one day got angry with that mower and dismantled it so it ended up by the street and is someone else's problem now.

Anyway the point of that was to say that any of the choices suggested here should be perfect. I plan to use either the ACD or ASE when I'm out of 0w-40. Though I would see no harm in using the 5w-30 or 10w-30 either, it's more a matter of how much are you looking to spend.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back