Amsoil=100% American?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mybe hard to get the Info.
A lot of additives are imported and I doubt anyone will ever tell you where they all come from
bruce

I doubt that there is any such thing as "100% American made" oil. At some point a portion of the raw materials, packaging or equipment manufacture it has been imported.

If a company of X size is not international they won't be in business long. Finding a company with HQ in your own country is fine, but 100% content is sketchy at best.

How about entering gasoline into the equation?
It is a much larger cost than your oil.
Can we prove where the gas from the pump comes from?
I think we should simply use what works the best for us.

quote:

Originally posted by HappyHyundai:
HI, I'm just looking for an 100% American made oil that use 100% American Oil.

How much of the US total oil consumption is actually pumped out of US soil?

quote:

Originally posted by HappyHyundai:
HI, I'm just looking for an 100% American made oil that use 100% American Oil.

To fully answer your question – no. Mostly made from Saudi & Iraqi oil, majority filters assembled in Mexico. Final product distributed and sold by American dealers and some of them former illegal immigrants.

So what if its a Hyundai. Do we need to revisit this thread? Lots of foreign auto makers have plants here in the US for multiple purposes, with American workers. Not to mention the fact that many foreign auto makers use quite a bit of US parts. Just because its a car from an American auto maker, doesn't mean its american made or has american parts.

quote:

I'm just looking for an 100% American made oil that use 100% American Oil.

Hmmm....Mobil, Amsoil and Redline come to mind. People nag on XOM, but our oil companies need the revenues/profits to compete against other oil companies and other governments. I have no problem giving money to the XOM's of the U.S.

You mean Hyundai is not American?
wink.gif

quote:

Originally posted by Thermactor:
to put into your Hyundai?

Just a few statements widely available on internet including both Dealers and Amsoil websites which is obviously lame **.
* Amsoil – American Soil / Oil
* Amsoil product – Made in USA 100%
* Amsoil - REDUCE OUR DEPENDENCE ON FOREIGN OIL WITH AMSOIL

Clyde65 - really?

den_s - yeah lame on the first one.
second one - well it is "made" in the USA. 100% can be argued about any product, when you go deep enough.

third one - maybe to some extent this marketing slogan is true, but could apply to any extended OCI oil. Some people change their oil way too frequently. Recycled or not, if people extended their oil to it's full capability it would help. To me this is the beauty of the OLM.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back