Amsoil 0W30; 98 Tacoma; 15K on Oil/135K on Truck

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is the first UOA I've done. I drive the truck daily to work. I've used the EaO oil filters also. Looking for comments.

Looks like it did well but is pretty much spent? Any thoughts on the wear metals?

NewPicture.jpg

Originally Posted By: Pablo
Looks great. No need to cut back. Not sure where that came from.

FZ1 and SteveS are cousins and resident de-motivators. FZ1 is trying to save engines from adventurous long drainers. SteveS handles the hardware end of it.

He's doing no more than his self appointed task
21.gif
frown.gif

Great UOA.

That is an awesome UOA. Low wear, stayed in grade, good TBN still and with no make up oil added.

Last edited:
God I love seeing those viscosities of SSO after 15k miles. I think always in grade when sampled right. I'd like to see more TANs on these samples....if TBN should always be higher than TAN, I imagine at a TBN of 2.0 you might start seeing unpleasant TAN's....

That being said, look at that wear! You could've shown this UOA after 5000 miles and people would be saying "looks good", besides the low TBN.

Really nice slug of calcium there too.

Originally Posted By: Pablo
Originally Posted By: buster
Gotta love Toyota engines.

No, you gotta love Toyota engines and M1
LOL.gif
crackmeup2.gif

(sorry I couldn't resist)

That too.

Hey guys, thanks for all the replies. Looks like everything is fine. I've had good luck with Amsoil, the only thing is that the gentleman I buy it from says you can run it (the SSO) to 30K miles no problem. I think this shows that might be a little far fetched with the TBN being at 2. Maybe a person could go to 20K miles, but that might be about it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back