Amoco Ultimate premium gasoline

Status
Not open for further replies.

Les

BP just announced that the Amoco Ultimate premium gasoline that it sells in the Cleveland, Memphis and Indianapolis markets will have more detergent in it.

The detergent additive package will be doubled making it have four time the industry requirement. The additive package also contains rust inhibiters and fuel stabilizers.

It is also a ultra low sulfur formula averaging just 30 parts per million.

According to this internal article, 9 out of 10 cars built in the U.S. leave the factory with Amoco fuels in their tank.

Les

Interesting info. Thanks. So, why the change? Does this mean they are being brought up to the level of rest of the country or that they are now ahead of the pack.
We have had that low sulfur formula for years here in Chicago. Does that mean the high detergency too?

I believe that the Atlanta market for Amoco Ultimate already was at the lower sulfur level. I had not heard about the higher detergent levels. Also, I am not sure about the Chicago market because their gas is supplied by the Whiting refinery. The Texas City refinery supplies Atlanta.

Les

I live about 250 miles NE of Memphis and Amoco 93 is all I run in my truck. Wonder if I'm close enough to receive this new blend?
dunno.gif

Here in Denver, we get the low-sulphur premium but no word so far on extra detergency. 91 octane is the highest you can get out here, I think because of the higher altitude.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back