Amntifreeze for my Nissan

My 2017 Nissan Frontier with the 4.0 v/6 engine has only 35000 miles, but the radiator seems a little low, and I would like to top it off. In the old days I would just grab some green antifreeze, and mix a little 50/50 and dump it in. But now I don't know what I should use. The stuff in its does look green, or perhaps blue. Oh, and I am quite sure it is original, since I bought it in 2018.

Pentosin A3 Blue or Supertech Japanese Blue would work. There are others, but I found Pentosin on sale for my Hyundai and am using it (A2). Supertech offering seems to be new, but meets your needs also.

I used Zerex Asian Blue when I change the coolant on my 1998 Nissan Frontier, which came with green. Nobody had Zerex Asian Green in stock and there's apparently no difference except for the color.

What about NAPA all makes all models???
Or any other brand all makes all models?
I just need to add a little.

I have some Peak red/pink. I don't suppose that would work to add to my Nissan blue would it?

Peak doesn't recommend the red/pink for Nissans. The all makes should work OK. A lot of people don't like to use it as the manufacturer suggests due to the Dexcool connection (2EHA). I would get it rather than use the red/pink.

I would go with a blue color Asian anti-freeze. I use a blue kind in my Honda Civic and if I remember correctly it was the Honda brand. Something about the dark blue it just looks good and is easy to see in a white overflow tank.

OEM would be the Nissan Blue - 999MP-L25500P. Look for something that meets the spec - Xerex has a version that does and says directly on it. I presume the new PEAK might also. I still get mine from the dealer - it was 20 bucks a gallon last time I bought.

If you go with something else make sure its no Amines, no Silicates.

Nissan also makes a Green. The two mix fine but then you have the life rating of the green, which I believe is 30K miles. The blue I believe is 100K miles on the factory fill then every 50K thereafter.

Back