American Racing Teflon series..

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just ordered a set of American Racing Victors, which is from their teflon coated series..

I love the look of this rim, but I am having a difficult time finding information about it.

I need to know 2 things:

Does anyone have any DIRECT experience with the rim, and more importantly, this rim's teflon durability?

Second, does anyone have any care tips for these rims?

I'm really excited to be getting them.. I'm going to be running these rims with a set of Cooper STT 35/12.5s.. Just can't wait for them to get here so I can put them on!!

I've got no useful information, but I'm wondering why any company would use "teflon" in its product name when tires are rated and ranked largely on their ability to stick?

Dave,

These are wheels he's talking about. I guess the idea is that brake dust won't stick to them.

Dave = idiot of the day. D'oh!
tongue.gif

Nobody seems to know a thing about them..

I guess I will be the guinea pig on this one!

The teflon helps keep brake dust off, but it is also supposed to help keep mud and dirt off while offroading..

Actually they are not worried about brake dust as must as mud. These are for trucks and not your street going car.

I've had so much mud stuck to the inside of my rims (Between the brakes and the inside edge) that my wheels were severly out of balance. I couldn't go more than 35mph. I couldn't find anywhere to wash the mud off and drove it like that for 50 miles. This experience made me consider buying those teflon rims.

$$

I'm poor. And can't justify the money for new rims when I don't need them. Plus I'd take a bath on the rims I have. Used rims don't sell for much.

But when I do need new rims, I'll probably get them. Those Victors look nice.

I got them the other day and put them on!

The company I ordered my wheels through didn't send center caps with them.. So I got the box Friday, and spent today pulling off all 4 tires and putting in center caps..
frown.gif

Then I hit the mud... I think there is still some in low-orbit over the earth somewhere.. These tires clean the lugs INCREDIBLY well. I am very happy with both the wheels and tires, and would highly recommend them.

I thought this was a joke too. Rims, not tires, doh. I guess if it was in the headline, confusion would be lessened.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back