American owned filter companies

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted by claluja
So, just to make sure, would buying Motorcraft, Donaldson, and M1 oil filters be buying US company filters? Would prefer filters made in USA, and owned by US companies.

I dunno if Donaldson outsources any of their work but they are American owned. M1 is made by American owned champion labs. All M1 filters I've had are made in the USA. Also as was pointed out to me, Baldwin, Hastings and Parker are American owned.
Motorcraft is Ford's Brand but their filters are made by Purolator which is not American owned anymore.
I'm sure most of Baldwin/Hastings filters and Donaldson filters sold here are made here.
Champion labs makes filters for many companies including Royal purple, M1, maybe k&N again. They are now making Walmarts supertech filters I believe.
Anyway someone will surely come along and correct me on something if I'm wrong about anything. Also Im sure someone has more info. on the matter than I do and can share it.

Last edited:
Originally Posted by Snagglefoot
Originally Posted by mcrn
Originally Posted by Kira
Imbev of Belgium

I believe a Chinese company bought Jim Beam

Close. Suntory holdings of Japan.

Ditto, Jim beam is owned by Suntory Beverage & Food Limited of Osaka, Japan.

If the goal is north American jobs then Fram Purolator and many others fulfill that. I see more and more assembled in USA on things, which probably means the parts are made in China.

Originally Posted by Farnsworth
If the goal is north American jobs then Fram Purolator and many others fulfill that. I see more and more assembled in USA on things, which probably means the parts are made in China.

Made in USA is ofcourse better for us than not made here but we really need Americans to own America. If everything keeps being bought by forgieners pretty soon who are we working for? Not ourselves.

Originally Posted by Pinoak

Made in USA is ofcourse better for us than not made here but we really need Americans to own America. If everything keeps being bought by forgieners pretty soon who are we working for? Not ourselves.

That ship sailed a long time ago. Besides, made in USA is not what you might think if most of the parts come from other countries and a robot assembled them here.

So we are down to Ford, GM, and Tesla as main choices USA owned. Many of their parts and even the whole is made somewhere else. I looked at a Hyundai Santa Fe window sticker, assembled in Alabama, engine and transmission made in USA. Toyota Corolla, one of the most reliable cars ever made, is now made in Mississippi. Consumers control the show but as a whole they are not patriotic to anything except their wallet. Companies outsourced for decades to make more profits. Now we have the fruits of it.

Originally Posted by THafeez
Who is Fram owned by? I thought they were American as well.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/FRAM_(filter)

American but there is 2 crowds here... "Fram Haters" and "Fram Lovers" ... I personally subscribe to the Fram Lover group because their Ultra filters are excellent and 1/2 the cost of Amsoil EA filters with the same efficiency.

Last edited:
Originally Posted by StevieC
Who is Fram owned by? I thought they were American as well.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/FRAM_(filter)

American but there is 2 crowds here... "Fram Haters" and "Fram Lovers" ... I personally subscribe to the Fram Lover group because their Ultra filters are excellent and 1/2 the cost of Amsoil EA filters with the same efficiency.

3. the crowd who tells it like it is, without brand loyalty, and honestly.

Originally Posted by Sayjac
Who is Fram owned by? ….
Since 2011, Rank Group, New Zealand private Investment company.

http://www.rankgroup.co.nz/

I can just envision the wailing and gnashing of teeth this is going to start here.

Originally Posted by StevieC
... there is 2 crowds here... "Fram Haters" and "Fram Lovers" ...

4. The crowd that carry misconceptions about oil filters.
wink.gif

Originally Posted by Snagglefoot
Do you guys know who owns Jim Beam Whiskey? How about Budweiser?
laugh.gif

Jim Beam is owned by Suntory Holdings of Osaka, Japan

Anheuser-Busch is the result of a merger of three brewing groups: Interbrew from Belgium, AmBev from Brazil and Anheuser-Busch.

What the [censored] are you talking about? You want our companies destroyed by Wall Street investors? Look who ran Sears into the Ground, that Lampert idiot. The American auto industry was saved by the Japanese, the only way I want to work for a "American" company is if the company is PRIVATE stock/owned. Americans are [censored] businessmen. Boot Licking the wall street investors like Warren Buffet, T. Boone Pickens, the grossly overpaid CEO's bow! Light the torches!

Last edited:
Originally Posted by Vern_in_IL

What the [censored] are you talking about? You want our companies destroyed by Wall Street investors? Look who ran Sears into the Ground, that Lampert idiot. The American auto industry was saved by the Japanese, the only way I want to work for a "American" company is if the company is PRIVATE stock/owned. Americans are [censored] businessmen. Boot Licking the wall street investors like Warren Buffet, T. Boone Pickens, the grossly overpaid CEO's bow! Light the torches!

thumbsup2.gif
01.gif

So refreshing. Thank you! So happy to work for a Japanese company now that treats me extremely well and we are a publicly traded company as well. My worst years financially were working for big huge American companies that were so stingy. They aren't all like that but the vast majority can be horrible to work for.
thumbsup2.gif

Last edited:
…..What the [censored] are you talking about? You want our companies destroyed by Wall Street investors? Look who ran Sears into the Ground, that Lampert idiot. The American auto industry was saved by the Japanese, the only way I want to work for a "American" company is if the company is PRIVATE stock/owned. Americans are [censored] businessmen. Boot Licking the wall street investors like Warren Buffet, T. Boone Pickens, the grossly overpaid CEO's bow! Light the torches!
You are the same poster that trashed current Fram owner New Zealand based Rank Group (Graeme Hart) when they quickly cut loose UCI/Champ Labs at the time of their Bankruptcy filing in 2016. https://www.bobistheoilguy.com/foru...s-for-ch11-bankruptcy-6-2-16#Post4114549 Using that as basis, it would appear that the "[censored] businessmen" moniker, not limited to Americans.

Fwiw, agree with your assessment of Eddie the idiot Lampert. You left out one of, if not the worst and most corrupt of them all, Carl Icahn. He currently owns PepBoys. I feel sorry for their employees.

To topic, I'm hardly a coo zealot. However, at least when it comes to oil filters there are several with a manufacturing presence in the US/NA. 'If possible' try to give them my business first. Less important, the headquarter location of the parent company.

You are the same poster that trashed current Fram owner New Zealand based Rank Group (Graeme Hart) when they quickly cut loose UCI/Champ Labs at the time of their Bankruptcy filing in 2016.

Yeah, because if you (Rank Group) want the balls to run a business, then you should not weasel out when your actions cause said businesses to fail. These companies were doing just fine under a private owner (UIS) then the owner dies and the kids do not wish to run the company, it gets sold out. UIS strategy was to buy struggling companies and turn them around for a profit. It worked.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back