American food in Australia

Status
Not open for further replies.
The staples are the same, with some teriyaki or fried things burgers. Wendy's was the best about being the same. They had most of the American menu and a teriyaki burger. I miss Wendy's.

Shaman,
I once went to a chinese resteraunt with a guy who grew up in china. He asked to speak to the chef, had a 5 minute friendly conversation in some dialect, and the chef beamed and walked back to the kitchen.

The meal that we ate was sensational...and nothing like the greasy, sugary garbage that I was used to.

As to Maccas down under, their initial success was in part due to consistency. When travelling, unknown hamburger joints (fish and chip shops) produce unknown waiting time, unknown quality, and are just unpredictable.

Maccas fixed that. A fillet of fish was the same wherever you were in the country, and it was "instant". My family never ate the stuff, unless we were on the road (and still don't...and usually do subway now it's here).

KFC has been an institution for 35 years (that I remember).

Maccas did themselves a dis-service while they were arguing that it's the consumer that chooses to eat high fat, then suropticuiously (I used to be able to spell that) removed 10g of fat from a big mac without changing the flavour.

surreptitiously

I used it on the Japanese girl I mentioned in the bachelor cooking thread.

I will probably give that a try when I go back to America and eat Japanese food again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back