American Edumuckation at Its Best. . . .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, what else can I say, other than perhaps, "a picture is worth a thousand words". Or maybe just "ouch". Drove through this rural community in the "north county" as we call it here, and almost had a crash doing a 180 to go back and get the picture. The Principal at this school is a nice guy (and the vast majority of his kids are great young Americans), but really, how could I pass on this. I've assuaged my conscience with the blackout of the school's name. What an ironically unfortunate word to botch!!! Anyway, enjoy! Your thoughts?

Uh-Oh-Edumuckation-Pic.jpg

That reminds me of a road sign I saw last year that read... Happy Mouthers Day

Maybe the school ran out of the letter "E" and just substituted it with an "A" ?
21.gif

Awwwww, c'mon now. No self-respecting school is going to allow "academy" to be botched just because they're out of the letter "e". No, this is what happens when you send the academic probation football players out to do menial labor. . .

There's only 3 freakin E's on the whole sign. Well, four if the blacked out letter is an E. Whereas there are 5 As on the sign. How could they have more As than Es when E is the most commonly used letter in the alphabet?

Turning a number 3 upside down works too. I'm blaming the custodian who didn't go to school there. Go Lions!!!

Originally Posted By: exranger06
There's only 3 freakin E's on the whole sign. Well, four if the blacked out letter is an E. Whereas there are 5 As on the sign. How could they have more As than Es when E is the most commonly used letter in the alphabet?

An excellent point!!! You get an "A+" for solid, unimpeachable adadEmic analysis.
wink.gif
cheers3.gif

Hey, not that I knew the difference (but was corrected on BITOG), but I was channel hopping and paused on a JAG episode. I only knew this after being corrected on BITOG.

The sign read ORDINANCE Something or other instead of ORDNANCE. The prop guy must have gone to that high school ..or mine ..or a bunch of other schools where the students never had cause to use the word.

Originally Posted By: Gary Allan
Hey, not that I knew the difference (but was corrected on BITOG), but I was channel hopping and paused on a JAG episode. I only knew this after being corrected on BITOG.

The sign read ORDINANCE Something or other instead of ORDNANCE. The prop guy must have gone to that high school ..or mine ..or a bunch of other schools where the students never had cause to use the word.

Heh, heh . . . big, Big, BIG difference between "ordinance" and "ordnance"!!!

As I explained to mori..we're not a society that prides ourselves in doing all things well ...at least by all of us. We're a society that chases a buck in whatever way we can. Some need those skills to chase a buck. Others do not.

Of course you don't need skills to get money in our society. The government will take it from people with skills and simply give it to those that don't.

Hey, my wife homeschools my kids and she purchase various workbooks from the Teacher's Store--official stuff for public school use. In the math workbooks we find wrong stuff all the time where the answer given in the teacher's guide is wrong.

Originally Posted By: TallPaul
Hey, my wife homeschools my kids and she purchase various workbooks from the Teacher's Store--official stuff for public school use. In the math workbooks we find wrong stuff all the time where the answer given in the teacher's guide is wrong.

It happens at the college level too...all the time. I find multiple mistakes in almost all of my textbooks, from simple misspellings, to completely wrong answers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back