Ambiguous bumper stickers/decals...

Status
Not open for further replies.
First off, I think people should be allowed to put what they want on their car. Freedom of speech and everything.

But what is with some of these window decals? Lately I have seen deer antlers coming out of a Toyota emblem, the Under Armor logo stylized as deer antlers, flip flops with a college football logo for a landlocked school, the Browning logo morphed into a buck and doe with a heart shape at the bottom, a variation of said Browning logo with baby deer in the heart shape, the "look at how big my family" decal but with skull & crossbones stick figures, etc.

What is the meaning? I get flip flops mean "#SALTLIFE, (beachlife)" but how is Auburn beach life? Is Toyota a deer? Do you hunt Toyota deer? Is there an Under Armor deer? And the Browning deer family decal I guess means "#BROWNINGFAMILYDEERHEARTLOL"?

No offense intended to anyone with these sorts of decals on their vehicle, but is there an actual meaning? I can understand wanting to "personalize" a vehicle, but not with stuff that seems meaningless? And I assume people pay for a lot of these decals?

No disrespect but the "In Loving Memory Of...." on the back window.
What is in loving memory of? Does it mean they honor the life of the loved one with an '88 chevy blazer?

Silliest are the co-exist stickers.

Last edited:
So far, my favorite has been a slogan on a rear window in large letters: FAILURE IS NOT A OPTION (sic).

The deer antlers stuck on everything would mystify me as well.

My NASA decal =

National Aeronautics and Space Administration

and/or

National Auto Sport Association

wink.gif

The dumbest and gayest ones are the soccer ball or paw print with some kid's name on it! Reminds me of those unemployed moms trying to relive their youth through their kids or something. Who cares what your kids does.

Stick family ones are gay.

Funniest ones are the Mary-in-a-halfshell ones.

Coexist and Tolerance ones are repulsive.

Keep Calm,Chive On is DUMB.

That deer head profile thingy is DUMB,plus it's a few years out of style by now (I only still see that one in repressed small towns).

The HUGE Kenwood,Pioneer decals that cover the whole windshield are hilarious,because it's basically advertising,BREAK IN AND STEAL THIS EXPENSIVE STEREO.

My favorite bumper sticker of all time (for ironic reasons) is the "Out of a job yet? Keep buying foreign" sticker on a 20 year old Ford Aspire. Or on a really old American car that was made in another country. Yep, makes a lot of sense!
33.gif
even our newer Fusion is based on a Mazda and built in Mexico. I don't believe a lot of people think before plastering their cars with stickers.

Originally Posted By: aquariuscsm
The dumbest and gayest ones...Stick family ones are gay.

...Really? Using gay as a derogative?

Quote:

So people should continue to opposed to anything that does not look like them or believe what they do?

I actually don't have anything to say that isn't an insult.

And why in the world do people put bumper stickers ON THE PAINT??

Because their agenda is far superior to everyone else's. Intelligence is a different story.

Originally Posted By: Hollow
The dumbest and gayest ones...Stick family ones are gay.

...Really? Using gay as a derogative?

Quote:

So people should continue to opposed to anything that does not look like them or believe what they do?

I actually don't have anything to say that isn't an insult.

From the BBC Board of Governors:
"The word ‘gay’, was often now used to mean ‘lame’ or ‘rubbish’.

Giant HONDA or [insert make or model here] stickers on either the back glass or windshield are my favorites.

My wife rolls her eyes every time I point and yell, "HONDA!? There's a Honda! Wanna know how I know??"

Originally Posted By: Hollow

And on the other hand,should people have to be subjected to having others' views,opinions,and lifestyles shoved down their throats?

Originally Posted By: gathermewool
Giant HONDA or [insert make or model here] stickers on either the back glass or windshield are my favorites.

My wife rolls her eyes every time I point and yell, "HONDA!? There's a Honda! Wanna know how I know??"

Haha those are hilarious!! Especially if it's on an old beater that's ready for the junkyard. It's barely running,but has a HUGE "Impala" written on the side,spanning across the entire side of the car!

Somebody has way too much time on his hands if he's concerned about the stickers that someone else puts on their vehicles. You start by claiming that you think people should be allowed to put whatever stickers they want on their vehicles. Then you proceed to moan and complain about what stickers they do put on their vehicles.

If it gets your knickers in a bunch, just look the other way and ignore it.

The dumbest and gayest ones are the soccer ball or paw print with some kid's name on it!

One of the most pathetic posts that I've seen on BITOG for quite some time.

Originally Posted By: 97tbird
Stick families make me all road-rage-y.

If that upsets you that much then you need to seek mental help. Soon.

Originally Posted By: Pop_Rivit
The dumbest and gayest ones are the soccer ball or paw print with some kid's name on it!

One of the most pathetic posts that I've seen on BITOG for quite some time.

Guys? Guys! Guys!

Pop_Rivit and I agree on something. I'm frightened.
confused2.gif

see lots of the antler variations around here, along with "rolling coal" and the odd brand of Chew(copenhagen, etc) plastered on the back window of lifted trucks.

one of my co-workers has a forester that was her mom's, she just took off the old soccer ball with her brother's name & number,
and replaced it with a stick figure family that's running from a dragon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back