AmazonBasics Oil in Canada

Status
Not open for further replies.
I reached out to Amazon here in Canada and suggested they add the Amazon basics oil to the .CA site like they have on .COM and was told they are currently in the process of examining the Canadian Marketplace pricing to see if it's viable for them.

I explained to the person I was talking to that Walmart is usually the least expensive when they actually have stock of SuperTech and/or other brand of oil when there is a sale or Canadian Tire but it's either rare to find a sale when you need it or they don't have stock on hand during the sale most times for what you need.

They thanked me for my feedback. Hoping this gets it listed. I would like to be able to order the stuff at a discounted price as an Amazon Prime member for family vehicles where Amsoil isn't a fit for them and for things like seasonal equipment where I change it out every 2 years regardless of short time usually on it at that point.

If you have a few minutes maybe reach out to them by chat and suggest the same thing and see if we can get it listed.
grin2.gif

If anything the competition will help our marketplace suffering from high engine oil prices on average.

Go to this link: https://www.amazon.ca/gp/help/customer/contact-us/ref=cu_surl

And choose these options...Non order related, Other non-order topics, Give Amazon feedback, Opportunities for improvement.

Amazon.png

Last edited:
amazon basics blended by Warren like Wallys supertech, prolly samo or very similar + prolly not cheaper. i should contact Wallys for the 5-40 euro spec super- tech canada gets but not usa. the amazon basics 5-40 euro full synthetic is $5 a qt delivered + not a bargain.

Do you think that they can beat the current trend of CT selling PP, QSUD, M1, Castrol Edge for $30 for 5L on a rotating weekly basis ?

Right now the marketing team are on the cheapest grade of dope that is to be found concerning setting their oil prices. I don't know how they even bother to list oil on the site with any kind of seriousness.

crackmeup2.gif

PUP 5L jug for $129 ?
https://www.amazon.ca/Pennzoil-550045202-Ultra-Platinum-Synthetic/dp/B01MA4UAP5/ref=sr_1_15?crid=3RE94UIOZL431&keywords=pennzoil+platinum+5w-30&qid=1552574304&s=gateway&sprefix=pennzoil%2Caps%2C705&sr=8-15

PUP 1L for $76.63 ??
https://www.amazon.ca/Pennzoil-550039860-Ultra-Platinum-Synthetic/dp/B0123ELJZA/ref=sr_1_21?crid=3RE94UIOZL431&keywords=pennzoil+platinum+5w-30&qid=1552574341&s=gateway&sprefix=pennzoil%2Caps%2C705&sr=8-21

M1 4.73L for $172.68 ???
https://www.amazon.ca/Mobil-Advanced-Synthetic-Motor-4-73L/dp/B00J00X5YO/ref=sr_1_14?crid=U6HXDC7NWCYB&keywords=mobil+1+5w30&qid=1552574629&s=gateway&sprefix=Mobil+1%2Caps%2C202&sr=8-14

crackmeup2.gif

...perhaps if they do bring Amazon Basics oil in people will be so shocked by the normal pricing it may entice them. For me....I'll just stick with CT until Amazon pulls thier head out of their buttocks.

Smokescreen, that must be where you are... I haven't seen those brands that cheap here except on occasional sale.

Originally Posted by StevieC
Smokescreen, that must be where you are... I haven't seen those brands that cheap here except on occasional sale.

Here in Vancouver they pretty much rotate through all the major brands and sell 5L jugs for $27-32 each week. Mobil is definitely the least common one for sales but Castrol, SOPUS all the time.

Example:
[Linked Image]

And yeah Amazon.ca is pretty much a joke when it comes to motor oil.

Last edited:
Originally Posted by Jimmy_Russells
What's not a good example? You said you haven't see "those brands" that cheap, yet there it is...?

I never said that sales don't exist, that they were far and few between in my neck of the woods or they don't have the grade / availability I'm looking for. I've stated it numerous times in other threads as well.

Sorry to hear that StevieC....most of the rest of us don't even have to look for sales, it is more of a point of which one is on sale this week and is it 45% or 50% off regular price.

Originally Posted by Smokescreen
Sorry to hear that StevieC....most of the rest of us don't even have to look for sales, it is more of a point of which one is on sale this week and is it 45% or 50% off regular price.

I'm not in a hurry, it's still working... Just annoying because depending where the person is on screen they are either healthy looking or have some sort of skin problem.
lol.gif

I'll wait until it gets worse and there is a deal somewhere on whatever a decent TV at the time is... It won't be a Samsung unfortunately because I don't want to get stuck with another one. Maybe I'll hang onto it in the basement in case a class-action finally happens HA!

21.gif

I think StevieC is distraught over not being able to get oil at the price the rest of us are....so much he is mixing up threads/posts. ^^

LOL, wrong tab... My bad.

Originally Posted by StevieC
Yeah it appears this one of their sales at the moment, not a good example...

Far be it for me to defend CT, but they do rotate the sales every week, and usually one synthetic, one conventional, and one blend is rolled back significantly. Partsource does the same thing on a monthly basis, as does NAPA Canada (plus they have a 3 month rotation). Now, my preferred option is a local distributor, since the prices are usually at least that good, they know exactly what I want, and I don't have to worry about something being out of stock. I call, and get it, or just show up. As I've said, I'm no fan of CT shopping.
wink.gif

Do you think that they can beat the current trend of CT selling PP, QSUD, M1, Castrol Edge for $30 for 5L on a rotating weekly basis ?

Right now the marketing team are on the cheapest grade of dope that is to be found concerning setting their oil prices. I don't know how they even bother to list oil on the site with any kind of seriousness.

crackmeup2.gif

PUP 5L jug for $129 ?
https://www.amazon.ca/Pennzoil-550045202-Ultra-Platinum-Synthetic/dp/B01MA4UAP5/ref=sr_1_15?crid=3RE94UIOZL431&keywords=pennzoil+platinum+5w-30&qid=1552574304&s=gateway&sprefix=pennzoil%2Caps%2C705&sr=8-15

PUP 1L for $76.63 ??
https://www.amazon.ca/Pennzoil-550039860-Ultra-Platinum-Synthetic/dp/B0123ELJZA/ref=sr_1_21?crid=3RE94UIOZL431&keywords=pennzoil+platinum+5w-30&qid=1552574341&s=gateway&sprefix=pennzoil%2Caps%2C705&sr=8-21

M1 4.73L for $172.68 ???
https://www.amazon.ca/Mobil-Advanced-Synthetic-Motor-4-73L/dp/B00J00X5YO/ref=sr_1_14?crid=U6HXDC7NWCYB&keywords=mobil+1+5w30&qid=1552574629&s=gateway&sprefix=Mobil+1%2Caps%2C202&sr=8-14

crackmeup2.gif

...perhaps if they do bring Amazon Basics oil in people will be so shocked by the normal pricing it may entice them. For me....I'll just stick with CT until Amazon pulls thier head out of their buttocks.

Wow, thats insane! Here I thought CT was outrageous! Something must be messed up with their oil pricing, they cannot be seriously charging that much!

Some of those are probably resellers. You can find disasters like that on Walmart Canada's site, too. These resellers are not helping the original brand name (i.e. Amazon/Walmart) or the product brand names, in the least. Really. If I want oil delivered, the oil companies actually will do that, assuming you're not wanting to buy a quart.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back