AmazonBasics 5W40 European

Status
Not open for further replies.
I will get to Castrol and Valvoline oils eventually. This is a test of Warren Distributing which has a niche market for oils like Supertech, AmazonBasics, etc.

I have never heard bad things about Warren Distributing...but I havent seen any dedicated users of their oil either. Ive been told their oils are not bad but dont have any data which clarifies vague statements of good or great.

These days engines are becoming unique. While Penzoil, Mobil 1, etc might make a great general oil it may not be the best for all engines. The turbo Subaru guys seem to think they need a 5W40 HDEO and thus they sell TDT and Delvac at racing places like Summit Racing. So while I have no doubt Penzoil Platinum is great...it may not be great for all engines.

Originally Posted by BLND1

Originally Posted by domer10
Not sure why you would not use something like ROTELLA GAS TRUCK. Made for suv and truck applications that are severe, there are results coming that people are posting on other sites with stellar results. People are even using it in cars....I can honestly say that it is by far one of the best oils I have used now that I have run it my Jeep for over a month now. And past week has been -15. From the less noise, to smoothness, to not even a sense of any struggle or negative feedback or noise from engine..or parts that are under added stress under a cold start.

Oh spare me....

Spare you what the truth....from not only first hand experience but other great results.

Get a life and spare yourself from your bias...to many people around here with the "if I do not agree with it it's not true". If this wasn't a perfect application for it, try giving a coherent rebuttal longer than 3 words.

Originally Posted by kschachn
Originally Posted by TiGeo
I had requested that the guy you youtube that does all the tests of different oils head-to-head compare this to the other typical VW502 00 5W40s/0W40s including M1, Castrol, and LM. Maybe he'll do it.

Any amateur on YouTube will be utterly and completely incapable of testing motor oil for any substantive conclusion whatsoever.

That's really the problem with this thread. No disrespect to the OP and some entertaining farm projects online, but neither have the means nor the wherewithal to tell this community that Amazon oil is amazing …
Amazon is already taking the (liberty) of the Equate (Walmart, compared to) approach … but this ain't cotton balls here …

Originally Posted by BLND1

Originally Posted by domer10
Not sure why you would not use something like ROTELLA GAS TRUCK. Made for suv and truck applications that are severe, there are results coming that people are posting on other sites with stellar results. People are even using it in cars....I can honestly say that it is by far one of the best oils I have used now that I have run it my Jeep for over a month now. And past week has been -15. From the less noise, to smoothness, to not even a sense of any struggle or negative feedback or noise from engine..or parts that are under added stress under a cold start.

Oh spare me....

There I spared you.

https://www.bobistheoilguy.com/foru...-mobil-super-synthetic-2018-sportage-2-4

Yesterday at Costco

91E305EE-453F-4185-B6B3-7A968B456B60.jpeg

So far so good. Engine seems to run smoother the thicker the oil gets. I know with 5W20 the engine made some curious clicking noises. We will see how it ends up...

i know about 0W40 but every oil analysis Ive seen with 0W40 seems to have high iron...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back